MESSAGE FROM SWAMI VEDA

  • szavrel
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 2, 2007
      Friends,

      this is the continuation -- part 2 -- of Swami Veda's talk in Minneapolis

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WRvc1JkA2A

      in service,
      John Zavrel
      zavrel@...
    • John Zavrel
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 8, 2009

        Dear Meditator, Fellow Wave of Light,

        Late in 2003 I made an experiment with all the initiates in India who all, each in his/her own home, sat for meditation with me. The responses that came encouraged me to open World-Group Meditations to all.

        Initiates, non-initiates and beginners of any tradition or no tradition are invited to participate and they will experience the grace and guidance of the Lineage.

        There are two kinds of group meditations :
        1. Many sitting at the same time and the same place, and
        2. Sitting at the same time, but not at the same place.

        Yoga Philosophy views the mind as Universal field; its waves passing through us and becoming our individual minds.

        This Universal mind is a radiant force and is also known as a Universal Guru within.

        When all sit together at the same time even in different parts of the world, they connect to the Universal Guru mind and generate a strong field, like so many magnets being joined together and forming a much stronger magnet; the strength of each then equals the combined strength of all.

        Thus it is when we join together in meditation, and together enter the Guru-mind's Field.

        On certain days of the year the Wave of Beauty and the Wave of Bliss flows very strong. These are the sacred days.

        I have set special times on all Full Moon Days in the coming months to sit in meditation with you.

         Please join me at the time. Let us link together in this awakening into interior serenity.

        It is definitely not this little Swami but my Guru who connects with you through this medium.

        Do write me afterwards ahymsin@... about how you felt.

        Awaiting to feel your presence in this joining of the World Group of meditators with the Guru-Mind.

        Yours in service of Gurudeva,

        Swami Veda Bharati

        Please inform your friends.  Everyone is encouraged to participate in these special gatherings.

        Lokas samastas sukhino bhavantu :
        "May the whole world attain peace and harmony."

        2009 Full Moon Meditation Dates

        10 Jan     9 Feb      10 Mar    9 April     8 May

        7 June     7 July      5 Aug      4 Sept     4 Oct

        1 Nov      2 Dec      30 Dec

        Attached please find the Full Moon Brochure for you to share far and wide with others.

        Hari Om

        The Ahymsin Office

        --
        Association of Himalayan Yoga Meditation Societies International
        Spiritual Director: Swami Veda Bharati
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 13, 2010

        Dear friends,

        Please see attached a few paragraphs Swamiji has written in memory of Maya and a poem sent by an initiate in Italy which Christina has kindly translated into English.  Swamiji has asked that these be sent to the webmasters for wider distribution.

      • John Zavrel
        Message 4 of 12 , May 15, 2013
        Begin forwarded message:

        From: Carolyn Hume <hch@...>
        Date: May 15, 2013 2:12:15 PM EDT
        To: Carolyn Hume <hch@...>
        Subject: Swami Veda teaching November/December 2013

        Dear Webmasters and Editors,

        Please see attached a letter written by Swami Veda Bharati
        regarding a new teaching to take place at
        Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama,  23rd November - 4th December 2013.

        In service,

        Carolyn
      • John Zavrel
        Message 5 of 12 , Jul 21, 2013
          Noble friends on the spiritual path,

          a special message from Swami Veda for the 2013 Guru Purnima.

          in service,
          John Zavrel

          *****

          These are sacred days in succession. Buddha-purnima, full moon celebrating Buddha’s enlightenment around June; guru-purnima, full moon celebrating and honouring the universal guru and the individual guru, around July; rishi-purnima, the full moon celebrating the rishis, the ancient sages of yore through whom the knowledge of the Vedas was revealed, around August.

          The guru tradition is a universal in all ancient cultures. Buddha’s last teacher was celebrated Arada Kalama who taught him Sankhya-yoga. Jesus has St. John the Baptist. The Incarnation Rama has to be reminded of his divinity by the sage Vasishtha (read Yoga-vasishtha). Krishna the teacher of Bhagavad-gita had three gurus. It was the last one, Ghora Angirasa who gave him the mantras :

          Achyutam asi

          AkShitam asi

          PraaNa-samshitam asi.

          Even Gilgamesh of the Sumerian-Akkadian epic has Utnapishtim. The Sufi tradition pays homage to its peer-o-murshid masters. Anyone seeking to progress in any field seeks a mentor. Modern day Catholics have spiritual directors for study and contemplation of texts like Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. So in all ancient traditions of Africa, New Zealand, American Indians, and you name it.

          Seeking a guru, therefore, is an innate part of our nature; part of our spiritual urges. Many resist this urge out of ego. They think ‘I can make it on my own’ and sooner or later they stumble or become disappointed or confused as to their path.

          A guru may appear in an embodied form or in a disembodied form, for a guru is one who infuses into our individuated consciousness the divine consciousness. Consciousness has no form. Our Gurudeva continues to guide thousands from his bodiless state. The body-bound do not understand this.

          The contact with the bodiless guru is to be established through guru-chakra, but an embodied guru is needed to initiate us into that chakra. So let us not allow our ego to be an obstacle on this path.

          Many who have been guided by the guru are tempted to declare themselves as gurus several incarnations prematurely. It takes one, yes, many incarnations to reach the status of a guru who can lead aqualified disciple to the highest divine consciousness.  On the other hand, our Gurudeva Swami Rama said, “a guru can transmit his entire knowledge to a qualified disciple in one night of silence”.

          Let us just gather the qualifications of purity required and wash our minds of heterogeneous vRttis, replacing them with a continuous calm flow of single vRtti of atman-awareness. Our task ends at gaining the qualification and the guru will take care of the rest.

          Out of sheer reverence it is common in many ashrams to place the wooden sandals of guru on his seat after s/he has departed from the body and reverence offered to these symbols of guru’s presence.

          I have attempted to translate the nine verses of the guru-paadukaa-stotra (also sung and recorded by Madonna), the hymn to guru’s wooden sandals but I cannot find words in English to express the contents of the sonorous Sanskrit.

          Let your consciousness be the true translation of these hymns to the Guru.

          At this time in our two Ashrams in Rishikesh, 23 Pandits are doing 24-hour akhanda-patha, non-stop recital of guru-gita for nine days and the atmosphere is electric.
          May your meditations on guru-purnima electrify your body and prana and turn you into a spiritual magnet.

          Ever in service of Gurudeva
          Swami Veda Bharati

          Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama, Rishikesh
          Guru-purnima 2013