Talk to Teachers (1982) 13/15

  • John Zavrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2000
      Talk to Teachers (1982) 13/15

      And with all of that then comes the need to constantly train yourself,
      constantly train yourself - read more on yoga, make experiments with
      your postures, observe yourself, observe the effects of diet on you,
      observe the effects of your emotions on you, observe, observe, self-
      observation, self-observation, and your practice of meditation.

      The physical yoga practice is a meditation also.

      And your meditation is meditation.

      And no matter how busy you are, don't stop your meditation.

      Before you sit down to meditation, you will say, "My, I have this to
      do, and I have that to do.

      Now how am I going to get it all done?

      And I don't have this half hour to spare."

      So people don't sit for the meditation - "I'm too busy."

      The moment that you sit down, you will find that you have that half
      hour to spare, and no great earth-shaking harm came to you.

      And all your affairs were taken care of, you know.

      Busy-ness is no excuse.

      Meditation makes time for itself.

      And when you have practiced meditation and learned to direct your
      mind, automatically you will find that you are able to accomplish in
      less time the very things in which you previously took more time.

      Because, you see, the time we take in accomplishing things in life is
      not the time taken in actually doing it, but [rather] the time we
      take in being confused about what we have to do.

      See?

      And that confusion clears away, see?

      You are too busy to sit down only until you sit down.

      When you do actually sit down, you will find there is time, and your
      affairs will be taken care of.

      From Swami Veda's talk to teachers, 1982.

      zavrel@...
      3.10.2000