SWAMI VEDA: A FEW QUOTES FOR OUR INSPIRATION

  • zavrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2006
      Friends,

      Swami Veda once said, "I have always pondered over the mystery of how
      so many words stream out of silence of contemplation; one becomes
      helpless but to utter them."

      Here are a few such thoughts from Swami Veda's book "Sayings", for our
      enjoyment and inspiration:

      To reach your goal quickly, go in the opposite direction.

      Let you pleasure be in that you caused pleasure in the other. To seek
      plesure in return is to cancel what you gave.

      When I ask God about my destiny,
      He says: Make thine own with thy acts.

      Keep your love secret in the company of non-believers.

      Give way to your basic urges. For example, go into silence.

      Clouds do not eat the grain they nurture; trees do not eat the fruit;
      rivers do not carry sweet water for their own benefit. For no reason
      whatsoever, the great live only for others.

      Do not struggle with problems.
      Learn the art of living a life in which no problems arise.

      There are two things always to forget: the good you have done for
      others; and the wrongs others have done to you.

      There are two things always to remember: wrongs you have done to
      others; and the good that others have done to you.

      The unspoken agreements are the deepest ones.

      All the kings of history have not a word to teach to a saint. A single
      mendicant will suffice to guide all the past and future kings.

      God never says: I have heard your prayer.
      Look for silent signs.

      ...... a selection of quotes from the book "Sayings" by Swami Veda
      Bharati.

      in service,
      John Zavrel