DIRECT FROM RISHIKESH: LATEST NEWS

  • zavrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      Dear friends on the spiritual path,

      this morning we received the following UPDATE from Swami Veda's
      disciple Pandit Ananta, with the latest news from the GURUKULAM and
      related activities.

      John Zavrel
      zavrel@...

      ******

      Namaste,

      As March first roles in here in Rishikesh, we still have the cool
      temps and rainy skies which we hope will soon subside.

      The Teachers Training Retreat went wonderful, with people from 10
      nations and a large Korean group.

      Now we are into the next phase, the silence retreats. We have 30
      people involved all the way from 3 days to 90 days.

      The silent atmosphere along with the fire offerings bring of
      celestial mood to the entire campus.

      This along with 40 gurukulam students makes for a busy time in the 24
      hour flow with classes, workshops and Swami Veda's talks on the Yoga
      Sutras and Bhagavad Gita.

      Much construction is also underway with the 30 new sadhaka cabins now
      appearing almost overnight.

      Just a note to plan for for next year 2006:

      (1) 2006 RISHIKESH Teacher Training Retreat:
      February 22 to March 8, 2006

      (2) 2006 NORTH AMERICAN Teacher Training Retreat:
      July 16 to 30, 2006, at IONS outside of San Francisco

      In service,
      Pandit Ananta