SWAMI VEDA: MESSAGE RE DANGER TO RAIN FORESTS

  • John Zavrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005
      Dear friends on the spiritual path,

      we just received the following message from Swami Veda. Swamiji asks us
      to distribute the message to our friends...

      In service,
      John Zavrel
      http://www/meaus.com

      *****

      Please kindly distribute widely.
      with all love and blessings,
      Swami Veda Bharati

      On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 saraswati bhaduri wrote :

      Dear All,

      The Brazilian congress is now voting on a project that will reduce the
      Amazon forest to 50% of its size. It will take 1 MINUTE to read this,
      but PLEASE put your names on the list and forward this on as instructed
      below.

      First, some facts: the Amazon rainforest is responsible for the
      generation of 20% of the oxygen that we on this earth breathe, 30% of
      the world's freshwater is contained within the Amazon basin, 60% of the
      cancer fighting drugs used today are derived from plants that can only
      be found within the Amazon rainforest.

      The area to be deforested is 4 times the size of Portugal and would be
      mainly used for agriculture and pastures for livestock. All the wood is
      to be sold to international markets in the form of wood chips, by large
      multinational companies. The truth is that the soil in the Amazon forest
      is useless without the forest itself. Its quality is very acidic and the
      region is prone to constant floods.

      At this time more than 160,000 square kilometres deforested with the
      same purpose are abandoned and in the process of becoming deserts,
      meaning that this proposal is in the short-term interests of a few, & in
      the long term interests of none.

      Please copy (cut & paste) the entire text into a 'new e-mail', put your
      complete name in the list below, and send to everyone you know.(DON'T
      JUST FORWARD IT - AS IT WILL THEN END UP WITH ROWS AND ROWS of '>'s-
      which discourages people from sending on) If you are the 400th or 600th
      person to sign please send a copy
      to: fsaviolo@...

      Thank you for your help:

      >01 - Fernanda de Souza Saviolo - Rio de Janeiro - RJ
      >02 - Nara Maria de Souza - Rio de Janeiro - RJ -
      >03 - Julio Cesar Fraga Viana - Rio de Janeiro - RJ-
      >04 - Monica Grotkowsky Brotto -Sao Paulo - SP -
      >05 - Mauricio Grotkowsky Br! otto - Sao Paulo -
      >06 - Ricardo A.Corrallo - SP
      >07 - S unn! y Jonathan - SP
      >08 - Leonardo Larsen Rocha - SP
      >09 - Evandro Sestrem -
      >10 - Marco Aurlio Wehrmeister - Blumenau - SP
      >11 - Angela Maria Gonalves - Blumenau -SP
      >12 - Alessandra Bernardino- Blumenau - SP
      >13 - Pedro Carstens Penfold - Rio de Janeiro - RJ -
      >14 - Annelena Porto Delgado - S*o Paulo -
      >15 - Erica Couto -S*o Paulo -
      >16 - Elaine Couto- S*o Paulo - SP
      >17 - Tatiana de Almeida Voivodic - S*o Paulo
      >18 - Solange B Furlanetto - S*o Paulo / SP!
      >19 - Marcos deSouza Mello - S*o Paulo / SP 20 -
      >ElianeSantiago - S*o Paulo/ SP
      >21 - Francisca J. Bezerra Alves Ara*jo - S*o Paulo-SP
      >22 - Carlos Alber to Dantas Junior - Rio de Janeiro RJ
      >23 - Daniel Rodrigues da Cruz - Rio de Janeiro /RJ
      >24 - Gabriella Gaida - Rio de Janeiro - RJ
      >25 - Ceclia Silva Teixe ira Pinto - RJ - 03/06/75
      >26 - Tania Santos Miguel
      >27 - Celso Henrique! Diniz Valente de Figueiredo -RJ
      >28 - Marcelo Lopes Rheingantz - Rio de Janeiro - RJ!
      >29 - Rodrigo Tassinari de Oliveira - Rio de Janeiro
      30 Andr Lobato Pinheiro - Rio deJaneiro - RJ
      >31 - Ismael dos Santos Silva - RJ -
      >32 - Gustavo Alexandre Caetano Correa - RJ -
      >33 - Juana Varella Barca de Amorim - Rio de Janeiro
      >34 - Nara Faria Silva Rio de Janeiro -RJ-
      >35 - Isabella Jaggi S*oPaulo- SP -
      >36 - Diana de Andrade Freitas - Rio de Janeiro -RJ
      >37 - Karina Dourad! o - S*o Paulo -
      >38 - Pablo Genuncio Garcia - Rio de Janeiro
      40 - Alexei Morais de Lucca - S*o Paulo - SP -
      >41 - Renata Regina Roxo - S*o Paulo - SP -
      >42 - Fernanda Teixeira - S*o Paulo - SP -
      >43 - Patr icia Freitas - S*o Paulo - SP
      >44 - Cintia Regina K*rner -Alemanha - DE -
      >45 - Wolfgang K*rner - Alemanha - DE
      >46 - Roseani Viei! ra Roch a - San Francisco - CA
      >47 - Angela Ichimura - ! S*o Paul o - SP
      >48 - Assunta Viola - Sao Paulo - SP
      >50 - Marina Amaral - Alemanha - DE
      >51 - Fabian Rodrigu! es Caetano - Sao Paulo - SP -
      >52 - Luciana Cabrera- Santa Barbara- Ca
      >53 - Andrea Torres- Lahaina, Hawaii
      >54 - Carla Duarte- New York, NY
      >55 - Sergio Goes - New York, NY
      >56 - Itaal Shur - New York, NY
      >57 - Hiroyoku Sanada-New York, NY, US
      >58 - Marianne Ebert-new york, NY, US
      >59 - Gloriana M. Calhoun - New York,! NY 60 - Roger
      >Jazilek - New York, NY
      >61 - Cheryl To - New York, NY
      >62 - Judy Mercer - Paris, France
      >63 - Evelyne Pouget- Woodstock, NY
      >64 - Hera-Woodstock, NY
      >65 - Nicos Peonides - Cyprus - New York NY
      >66 - Fiona Cousins - New York, NY
      >67 - Alistair Millington - London, UK
      >68 - Edgar Craggs - Bristol, UK
      >69 - Chris Hastie - Nottingham, UK
      >70 - Adam Barley - Bristol, UK
      >71 - Dawn Morgan - B! ristol, UK
      >72 - Lottie Berthoud - Bristol , UK
      >73 - Julia Simnett - Bristol, UK
      >74 - Lindsey Colbourne - Bath, UK
      >75 - Wendy Lawton - Bath, UK
      >76 - James Friel - Birmingham, UK
      >77 - S! ylvia Magyar - Budapest, Hungary
      >78 - Danco Uzunov - Budapest Hungary
      >79 - Vladimir Jurukovski - New York, USA 80 -
      >LasteStojanovski - Auckland, New Zealand
      >81 - Katerina Rusevska - Skopje, Macedonia
      >82 - Snezana Pesic -Kragujevac, Yugoslavia
      >83 - Sladjan Pavlovic - Beograd, Yugoslavia
      >84 - Jelka Crnobrnja-Isailovic - Belgrade,Yugoslavia
      >85 - Begoqa Arano-Brussels, Belgium
      >86 - Brendan Kelly-Brussels, Belgium
      >87 - Rafael Marquez-Madrid, Spain
      >88 - Ignacio De la Riva-Madrid, Spain
      >89 - A. Townsend Peterson - Lawrence,Kansas
      90 - Anita Gamauf-Vienna, Austria
      >91 - Desmond Allen-Tokyo, Japan
      >92 - Krys Kazmierczak, London, UK.
      >93 - Anand Prasad, Denma rk
      >94 - Pauline McLeod, Yo! rk, UK ? BR>
      >95 - Lee Casey, Harrogate, United Kingdom
      >96 - Sibylle Rhovier, Bournemouth, UK
      >97 - Peter McCaig, London UK
      >98 - Robert Vint, Totnes, UK
      >99 - Hugh Warwick, Oxford, UK
      >100 - Richard Madden, Brighton, UK
      >101 - Am! anda Marks, Woodbidge, UK
      >102 - Jane Laws, Woodbridge, UK
      >103 - Joanna Hayes, London, UK
      >104 - Julian Matthews - London UK
      >105 - Anna Davies, London, UK
      >106 - Darren Lucas, M! ansfield, UK
      >107 - Nic Masters, Taunton, UK
      >108 - Kate Dougal, London, UK
      >109 - Richard Dolan, London, UK
      >110 - Stacey Watson, London, UK
      >111 - Shannon O'Brien, London, UK
      >112 - Jigna Patel, London, UK
      >113 - Lisa O'Brien, Malmo, Sweden
      >114 - Johan Luyckx, Malmo, Sweden
      >115 - John Dolecek, Malmo, Sweden
      >116 - Steven Huynh, Malmo, Sweden
      >117 - Bodil Johansson, Malmo, Sweden
      >118 - Anna-Maj Wandt, Dalby, Swed!en
      >119 - Kajsa Nordstrom, Uppsala, Sweden
      >120 - Anna Hillerberg, Stockholm , Sweden
      >121 - Annika Jegbert, Stockholm, Sweden
      >122 - Christer Jegbert, Stockholm, Sweden
      >123 - Anna-Carin Collin, Taby, Sweden
      >124 - Nadja von Kantzow, Stockholm, Sweden
      >125 - Johan von kantzow, Stockholm, Sweden
      >126 - Calle Rosengren! , stockholm, sweden
      >127 - Daniel Achilles, Stockholm, Sweden
      >128 - Cecilia Andersson, Stockholm, Sweden
      >129 - Henrik Eriksson, Stockholm, Sweden
      130 - Pontus Holmgren, Stockholm, Sweden
      >131 - J.B. Russell, Paris, France
      >132 - S.D. Smith, Virginia, United States
      >135 - January Harris, Virginia, United States
      >136 - Tarki L. - Crook, Virginia, United States
      >137 - Marcia L. Rutledge, Syracuse, NY, USA
      >138 - Justin A. Cohen, Syracuse, NY, US
      >139 - Stephen C. Shriber, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
      >140 - Laura I.Shriber!
      >, Den Haag, The Netherlands
      >141 - Rutje V. Gorissen, Amsterdam , The Netherlands
      >142 - Floris Mansvelt Beck
      >143 - Herbert A. Hauer
      >144 - Dorien Culo, Denderleeuw, Belgium
      >145 - Heidi De Glas , denderleeuw , Belgium
      >146 - Van Wesemael Emily J., Nafraiture, Belgium
      >147 - Nicola Monkhouse, Surrey, UK
      >148 - ROWENA PICKERING, BARNSLEY, UK
      >149 - Jonathan Exley, Birmingham, UK
      >150 - Gemma Eminowicz, Birmigham, UK
      >151 -Sarah Stoneley, Birmingham, UK
      >152- Chris Brewer, Birmingham, UK
      >153 - Freya Hart, Birmingham, UK
      >154- Mariah Skellorn, Brighton, UK
      >155 - Natasha Krichefski, London, UK
      >156 - Helen Hassan, Leeds, UK
      >157- Corey Williams, Auckland,New Zealand
      >158 - Anne Stearn, Stowmarket, UK
      >159 - Rebecca Everall, Norfolk, UK
      >160 - Nigel Ball, Suffolk, UK
      >161 - Jennifer Garner, Ipswich, UK
      >162 - Christopher Birt, Liverpool, UK
      >163 - Anne Birt, Gosford NSW Australia
      >164 - Elly Buchanan, Terrigal NSW Australia
      >165 - Lyn Casey, Terrigal NSW Australia
      >166 - Marj orie Lambert, Glendale NSW Australia
      >167 Joan Lambert, Adamstown NSW Australia
      >168 - Michael Osborne, Adamstown NSW Australia
      >169 - Gavin Heise, Merewether NSW Australia
      170 Michael Whitbread, Islington NSW Australia
      >171 - Yasmin Holm, Newcastle NSW Australia
      >172 - Greer Allen, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
      >173 - Hill...,D, Burnham,Somerset, UK
      >174 - Emma-Louise Shaw, Manchester, UK
      >175 - Dan Hillier, London, UK
      >176 - Sophie Spooner, Oxford, UK
      >177 - Jason Hussain, Oxford, UK.
      >178 - Iris Geens, Oxford, UK
      >179 - Anna Nekaris, Oxford UK
      >180 - Els van Lavieren, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
      >181 - Brooke Aldrich, Amsterdam, Netherlands
      >182 - Signe Munkevica, Tukums, Latvia
      >183 - Leon Moore, Chesterfield, UK.
      >184 - Sarah Ridout, Wisley, UK
      >185 - Kae Matsuoka, Findhorn, Forres, UK
      >186 - Pamela Skaldeman, Kansas City, MO USA
      >187 - Eva Blomstrvm, Bjvrkebo, Ekersberga, Sweden
      >188 - Andrew Schneider, Salmon Arm, BC, Canada
      >189 - Bonnie Schneider, Salmon Arm, BC, Canada
      190 -Fred Schoenrock, Nanaimo, BC, Canada
      >191 - Marci Condon, Nanaimo, BC, Canada
      >192 - Linh Tran, Nanaimo, BC, Canada
      >193 - Jesse Preston, Nanaimo, BC Canada
      >194 - ng_miriam, Vancouver, Canada
      >195-Lindsay Bell, Vancouver, Canada
      >196- Serinda Swan , Canada
      >197- karla stojkovich, canada
      >198-Sophie Alden, Vancouver
      >199- Jennifer Meyer, Vancouver Canada
      >200- Brooke Hurford, Vancouver Canada
      >201- Alex Sevensma, Vancouver Canada
      >202-Kay Blunt-Clayden, Vancouver Canada
      >203-Laura Shapiro, Vancouver Canada
      >204-Michelle Morgan, Toronto Canada
      >205-Grace Morgan, Montreal Canada
      >206-Nisaa Jetha, Montreal, Quebec - Canada
      >207-AdamSHamoon, Montreal, PQ Canada
      208-Christine Scanlon,Kingston Canada
      209-Mark Masotti, Kingston, ON, Canada
      210-Alexandra Hughes
      211-Elliot Hughes
      >212-LesleyCampbell
      >213- Lorna Bauer
      >214-Hilary Bauer
      >215-Kate Hutcheson, Toronto Canada
      >216-Jessica Purbrick, Ballina, NSW, Australia
      >217 - Mike Xavier, Miami, QLD, Australia
      218-Robynne Hammer,Leeds, UK
      219-Alexander Moore, Bristol, UK
      >220-Rupert Skinner, Manchester,UK
      221-JONATHAN JARRETT-KERR, london uk
      >222- Sarah Jarrett-kerr, Bristol UK
      >223 - Caroline Gent, Somerset UK
      >224 - xander pearson,high littleton.
      >225- Claire Hunt, Salisbury, UK
      >226- Rupert Harland, Manchester, UK
      >228- Max Fraser, London,England
      >229 - Alice Weldon, Devon, England
      >230 - Quentin Hicks, Somerset, England
      >231 - Rory Shaw, London, England
      >232 - William Lawes, Oxford, England
      >233 - Victoria Theaker, Bristol, UK
      >234 - Nicholas Drake, Paris, France
      >235 - Martin Aveling, Bristol, UK
      >236 - Harriet Wray, Bristol, UK
      >237 - Amy-Louise Harris, Durham, UK
      >238 - Tamzin Davis, London, UK
      >239 -Tom Spreyer, Edinburgh UK
      >240 - Andrew Wallach, California, United States
      >241 - Roxanne Hampl, California, U.S.
      >242- Naraya Tarr, Queensland, Australia
      >243- Kellie Smith, Queensland, Australia.
      >244- Bonnie Jenkins, Queensland, Australia
      >245 - Anne Moen, Queensland, Australia
      >246 - Tom Scarlett, Queensland, Australia
      >247- Rebecca Peters, Queensland, Australia
      >248- Jules Faber, Queensland, Australia
      >249 - Darwin Nagy, Queensland, Australia
      250 - Michelle Rizal, Queensland, Australia
      >251 - Christian Ronquillo, Queensland, Australia
      >252 - Simon Dunn, Byron Bay, Australia
      >253 - kol dimond , mullumbimby, Australia
      >254 - Maarten & Gill van Yzendoorn, NSW, Australia
      >255 - Rosalind Foy, NSW Australia
      >256- pierre desombre- Tours France
      >257- Benoit Desombre- New York, USA
      >258- Lionel Bissoon - Florida
      >259 Aleta St James - NY, NY USA
      >260 Antony Baskar Inigo - Chennai - India
      >261 Joanna Kossak-Cox, London United Kingdom
      >262 Don Vermeulen, Nijmegen, Holland
      >263 Lesley Warner, Leeds, Yorkshire, England.
      >264 Pippa Scott, Leeds, Yorkshire England.
      >265 Yvonne Stroud, Leeds. West Yorkshire, England
      >266 Neil Stroud, Leeds. West Yorkshire, England
      >267 Michael Goldstone, Leeds, Yorks. England
      >268 Jacques Sm ekens, London, UK
      >269 Jeremy Halliday, Cheshire UK
      >270MoniqueShawDavis,Farnham,UK
      >271 Hannah Moore-Morris, Guildford, UK
      >272 Amanda Simpson, Surrey, UK
      >273 Clare Barbary, Bracknell, Berkshire, UK
      >274 Angela Sewell, London, UK
      >275 John & Liz Mumford, Dorking, Surrey, England.
      >276 Andrew Sordyl, Walton on Thames, UK
      >277 Solveig Nielsen-Brown London UK
      >278 Nicola del Forno Lyon, France
      >279 V¨|ronique Bouchard Lyon, France
      >280. Cecil Hollingsworth, Los Angeles California
      >281.Jutta Maibaum, Carriacou, Grenada
      282. Susan Payetta, Carriacou, Grenada
      283. Rod Armitage, Winchester,Hampshire, UK.
      >284. Rachel Armitage, Chandlers Ford, Hampshire, UK.
      >285. Soraiya Pasha, Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK
      286. Andrew Bell, Southampton, UK
      287. Charlie Dacke,Portsmouth, UK
      288. Jo Taylor, Portsmouth, UK
      289.Ellen Giddey, Bath, UK
      290. Jane Brickwood, Hayling Island, UK
      291. Sue Lewis, London, UK
      292. Linda Harrison, London UK
> [...]
      >332 Richard Buckmaster Dunedin New Zealand
      >333 Rachel Duval-Smith Dunedin New Zealand
      >334 Suze Houghton Melbourne Australia
      >335 Kiera Dingle, Melbourne, Australia
      >336 Michael Dingle, Melbourne, Australia
      >337 Prue Challis, Melbourne, Australia
      >338 Wayne Foster, Melbourne, Australia
      >339 Debby Ferguson, Melbourne, Australia 340 Jason
      >Layh, Melbourne, Australia
      >341 Ross Jackson, Melbourne, Australia
      >342 Chiara Tino, Melbourne, Australia
      >343 Eric Diender, Brisbane, Australia
      >344 Carmel Patton, Brisbane Australia
      >345 Ross Backen, Wollongong Australia
      >346 Robyn Backen, Sydney Australia
      >347 Annemaree Dalziel, Mittagong Australia
      >348 Annette Eassie, Bundanoon Australia
      >349 Jo Randell, Carmel, WA, Australia
      >350 Digby Hill, White Gum Valley, WA, Australia
      >351 Stephanie Jennings, White Gum Valley, WA,
      >Australia
      >352 Keren Raiter, East Fremantle, W.A. Australia
      >353 Leah Martin, Success, WA, Australia
      >354 Nicole Moore, Leeming, WA, Australia
      >356 Mary Tolley, Rotorua, New Zealand
      >357 Pauline Clarkin Paeroa New Zealand
      >358 Alice Anderson Paeroa New Zealand
      >359 Gerry Kessels, Te Pahu, New Zealand
      >360 Peter Nuttall, Kaikohe, New Zealand
      >361 Caroline Holloway, Tokerau Beach, New Zealand
      >362 Victor Holloway, Tokerau Beach, New Zealand
      >363 Sonja Holloway, Takanini, Auckland
      >364 Jordyn Holloway-Clark, Takanini, New Zealand
      >365 Xander Holloway-Clark, Takanini, New Zealand
      >366 Destiny Holloway-Clark, Takanini, New Zealand
      >367 John Kenderdine Kaitaia New Zealand
      >368 Sue Ferens - Teal Bay, New Zealand
      >369 Ken Ross Kerikeri NZ
      >370 Sandra Gleeson - Kaeo, New Zealand
      >371 Bruce Jones - Kerikeri, New ZealandBr
      >372 Linda Farr
      >373 Mike Farr
      >374 Jason Farr
      >375 Robert O©^Donnell
      >376 Rick Baxter
      >378 Usa Baxter
      >379 Eddie Baxter
      >380 Arisa Baxter
      >381 Hugh Tavenner
      >382 Patti Verderber
      >383 Elaine Godfrey
      >384 Fiona Garner - Sydney, Australia
      >385 Gregory Morrison...Maroubra Australia
      >386 andrea barrueto, zuerich , switzerland
      >389 jason mccarthy, sydney, Australia
      >390 Julia Temperton, London, England
      >391 Joe Champion, London, England
      >392 Nigel Wicks, Caversham, England
      >393 Jessica Bowles, UK
      >394 Kirsty Marsh, Reading, UK
      >395 Xenia Davis, Cardiff, UK
      >396 Chloe Jones, Cardiff, UK
      >397 Michael Hyde, Nottingham, UK
      >398 Ramy Ramsden, Huddersfield, UK
      >399, Carly Gledhill, Loughborough, uk
      >400, Charlotte Lunn, York, UK
      >401, Jo Maultby, Brighton, UK
      >402 Laura Michael, Montpellier, France
      >403 Helen Michael, Brighton, UK
      >404 Iona Stephens, Cambridge, UK
      >405 William Salaman, Slong, UK
      >406 Kerry Shore, Dorset,UK
      >407 Rebecca Coolidge, San Francisco, CA, USA
      >408 Jeremy Perlman, Los Angeles, CA, USA
      416 Swami Veda Bharati, India
      417 B. John Zavrel, Clarence, NY, USA