Communication with Students 5/7

  • John Zavrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2000
      Communications with Students 5/7

      So, point one, you have to learn to stop dwelling on your problems so
      constantly, consciously and unconsciously.

      Go, give yourself some selfless task and accomplish it.

      I don't care how small a task.

      Start with small tasks.

      And then take on larger tasks.

      Try to take on those tasks against which you have some kind of a
      block.

      Overcome those blocks.

      Do something you don't like.

      And do it lovingly.

      What that requires is becoming emotionally neutral about that.

      There is no person in the world whom you cannot please.

      There is no person in the world in whom, if he is the hardest rock on
      earth, whom you cannot melt slightly.

      There is no obstacle that you cannot somewhat reduce in strength.

      At present it will be highly ambitious to say, "Well, okay! Good! I
      am going to free myself of all my obstacles by tonight."

      That you can do if by tonight you can free yourself of all your
      blocks.

      "I am not succeeding financially."

      It is because you have a block.

      You do not know how to.

      And not all the financial advisors in the world can help you.

      And the block in not in money matters.

      The block is not in your learning about economics.

      The block is elsewhere.

      Somewhere, someplace, sometime in your life you learned to accept
      defeat.

      Somewhere, someplace in your life you created a block against success.

      And if you can only point your finger at that block, success is yours.

      What was the object of your fear?

      Overcome that object of fear.

      Go do again what at that time you refused to do because you were
      afraid.

      A trapeze artist who falls from the trapeze and wants to continue his
      career has to go right up to the trapeze right away, at that moment,
      immediately, or he will never go up on the trapeze again.

      And his career is ruined.

      Can you find out what it is that you have been afraid of?

      I challenge you to go and do that, today, tomorrow, in the next
      month.

      Take your time getting up enough courage.

      Allow your heart to beat faster for a while.

      That's okay.

      Go and do it.

      >From Swami Veda's talk "Communication with Students" given to yoga
      teachers in Minneapolis in 1981, available from the Rishikesh
      Foundation.

      zavrel@...
      31.5.2000