Steadiness and Stability (# 23-25), by Swami Veda

  • zavrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2003
      Steadiness and Stability (# 23-25), by Swami Veda

      As one grows spiritually, a number of things happen; certain
      characteristics emerge.

      As one grows spiritually, certain characteristics emerge.

      Not that you can tell of distant past, distant present, distant
      future.

      Not that you can have out of body experiences.

      In a large number of cases, there are no out-of-body experiences.

      No soul leaves the body to go out traveling in some celestial world.

      Some things happen in the subtle body — the subtle body, which is
      made up subtler forms of matter.

      Just as the sensation of an itch on the surface of the skin is not a
      spiritual experience, nor a sensation of a tickling, pleasant as it
      might be, is not a spiritual experience;
      so also, a little itch and a little tickling in the subtle body, on
      the subtler matter (sukshma mahabhuta), the subtle element related to
      this, — a little itch, a little tickling there — is not a
      spiritual experience.

      It is a subtler experience, but not a spiritual experience.

      Not everything that is experienced in the internal personality is of
      the eternal.

      This path is very hard.

      It sometimes feels like a heartless path.

      That is to say, in a large majority of cases that people come to us
      and describe their spiritual experiences, we say simply, "Not right.

      It's no spiritual experience."

      If you want to indulge in those kind of experiences, there are other
      teachers who specialize in the fabric of that part of the clothing
      that the Atman wears.

      It is not coarse sack cloth, it is very fine silk.

      You can go to the silk experts.

      Silk like a tempting snake, are all part of these experiences.

      This is a path of purity.

      Nothing short of eternity counts!

      Nothing!

      No poetry, no song, no words, no recitations, no chants, no dance, no
      drama, no poetry.

      But, we take people through chants, and we take people through
      recitations, on the way to Mount Everest.

      We pass all kinds of valleys, but now, do you want to settle down in
      that valley?

      This is not Mount Everest.

      Along the way, these phenomena of the subtler world confront you.

      You come face to face with them — and the subtler phenomena are
      always far more powerful than the gross forms that they inhabit.

      A simple copper wire, all you can do with it is tie a few things.

      But infused with a subtler force, touch it, and you know what power
      is.

      The subtler forces are always more powerful, and that's why they're
      more attractive.

      We want people to be spiritually ambitious, and not settle for these
      smaller gems, however exciting they might be.

      zavrel@...
      http://www.MEAus.com