SELF #24, by Swami Veda

  • zavrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2002
      SELF #24
      By Swami Veda

      The luminosity of all the objects in the world depends on you.

      The chair you are sitting on, the rug you are sitting on doesn't know
      who you are, but you know it is.

      That rug you are sitting on has not the luminosity of the consciousness
      to throw that luminosity on you and say, "I am, and this person isn't.

      And he's sitting on me I'm going to revolt."

      But you have the luminosity of consciousness – "I am here. I am
      sitting on the rug. The rug is getting worn. I'm going to change it.

      The luminosity is in that consciousness.

      The worth of everything in the world proceeds from you.

      You and I, we the conscious beings have said among ourselves, "Let's
      consider diamonds valuable.

      Agreed?" "Yes, agreed."

      We have said, we the conscious beings, have said, "Let's consider
      diamonds' value."

      Now we have put a value, a price tag on the diamond. I have put the
      price tag on the diamond.

      Now by the value that I have put on the diamond, by that value, now I
      evaluate myself.

      Because I have the diamond, I'm valuable.

      Look at the lady wearing the necklace of diamonds. She' s very
      valuable. I am not very valuable, because I have no diamonds.

      Did the diamonds say that?

      So, we are giving value to the objects of the world, and on the basis
      of that value, we are now evaluating ourselves.

      That is not where our self-worth, or our self-confidence or our
      knowledge of ourselves comes from.

      This talk is available on cassette and now CD! The CD is $10.95, the
      cassette is $6.95
      It can be ordered through the Meditation Center at
      info@...

      http://www.MEAus.com