"SELF", Part 12

  • zavrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2002
      "SELF", Part 12
      By Swami Veda

      In Eastern traditions we always teach more by analogy than by analysis
      because when you are speaking of the Infinite, you are in analysis, you
      are trying to de-fine that which is in-finite.

      It can't be done.

      In analogy you have a multi-level reality, and at whichever level of
      reality your consciousness is, you pick up the meaning at that level.

      And as your consciousness expands, three years from now, you understand
      it differently.

      You look at the same analogy again, and you say, "Oh, no I didn't
      understand it the first time. This is what he's talking about."

      You contemplate that and work with that, and two years, five years
      later your consciousness expands further, and you say, "No, no, no.
      The first two times was nothing. Now I've got it."

      And so it goes on.

      And that is why also Christ spoke in parables, and all the great
      teachers, masters, always tell you stories.

      This talk is available on cassette and now CD! The CD is $10.95, the
      cassette is $6.95
      It can be ordered through the Meditation Center at
      info@...

      http://www.meaus.com