Talks on Bhagavad Gita, Part 37

  • zavrel@meaus.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2001
      Talks on Bhagavad Gita, Part 37
      By Pandit Dabral

      Part 37

      When you are in peace, harmony and bliss, you could go anywhere.

      When you want to show anger to somebody, you show anger.

      You can create anything in the external world but you are centered. You
      are not affected.

      It may look as though you are very mad, but actually you are not.

      You do it because there is a need to do it. That is how the
      yogis work.

      Swami Rama was sometimes so angry you cannot imagine that a person who
      is that caliber could get that angry.

      But he has created it, he is not affected by it.
      When that is done, if he has to make somebody laugh, he does in the
      next moment.

      This is yoga, this is the art.

      This is 'yogah karmasu koshalam.'
      This is freedom from the bondage of karma.

      For this freedom and control, we need preparation.

      That's why Arjuna was taught what exactly he should do.

      Yoga means to gather or put together. Yuj is the Sanskrit word for
      yoga.

      Yoga is to gather what you need to sustain you in this lifetime.

      Kshema is to protect what you have gathered. Let's say you make ten
      dollars. You have to put it somewhere you won't lose it. If you lose
      it, what's the point of making it? That's why we have banks, pockets
      and wallets. What you earn, you've got to protect so when you need it,
      you have it.

      Something you gather is yoga.
      Kshema is where you save it. Otherwise it will go to waste.

      Yoga means to gather what you need for your spiritual path.

      Kshema means to protect this so it is available to you when you need
      it.

      Lord Krishna says, I provide yoga and kshema to one who thinks of me.

      I provide to one who thinks of me all the time without a second, who
      worships me, who surrenders him or herself to me, who performs an
      action and gives it to me. I always provide yoga and kshema for them.

      The way this happens in the world is that your work will be done just
      by creating this much effort because some forces will be working in
      your favor.

      You will be happy.

      People will think how everything seems to work for you.

      When everything works for you, it means you have the blessings of the
      Lord.

      If something doesn't work or you have a hard time to get it, it means
      something is missing.

      Next time:
      Faith

      http://www.meaus.com