Relatioships 5/10

  • John Zavrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2000
      Relationships 5/10

      But I like the first part of the milk and water metaphor:

      That all the good qualities of the milk became manifest as though
      they
      were qualities of water.

      The qualities of two people in love should become such that you no
      longer claim these to be just entirely your good qualities, but that
      they are shared in common.

      Whatever good comes out of either one of you, you attribute it to the
      other.

      Whatever comes out of the joint effort of either of you - or the
      separate effort of either of you - you attribute it to the other:

      "Not me; you did that." "Not me; she did that."

      And whatever good comes out in either of you, also attribute it to
      the
      other. "You caused it for me to develop thus. You helped to elevate
      me
      in this manner. You gave me motivation."

      This union of milk and water is the best metaphor for any friendship,
      any union, any love.

      From Swami Veda's tape series "Uncovering the Secrets of a Lasting
      Relationships."

      zavrel@...