Convergences and Confluences, Part 10

  • zavrel@meaus.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2001
      Convergences and Confluences, Part 10
      By Swami Veda

      In the Yoga-sutras of Patanjali, the super-text of yoga, it is said
      there are five functions of the mind of which you are aware.

      There are seven functions of the mind of which you are not aware.

      But if I go into that, it would be a digression.

      So, for another time. We'll leave that.

      Somewhere along those seven, fits the fact that the mind scans
      everything that is in your person.

      It scans it in the wakeful hours and in the dreaming hours and
      in the sleeping hours.

      In my lectures on sleep, I have explained it somewhat more.

      Or in our dreaming hours.

      I have spoken of it before, but to remind you of just one brief
      example, you are dreaming that you are flowing along a gushing
      torrential river, and suddenly you come upon a log, and you're
      blocked.

      The mind is scanning a blood vessel where there is a block.

      That is one dimension of dreams, the dimension in which the mind is
      scanning the body.

      Long before you're ill, the warning must come to you from this mind,
      but we don't pay heed.

      From the moment a child is conceived, the mind scans the entire
      development because the mind permeates the whole body.

      From its seat, it sends out its minute touching fingers of energy,
      and it records everything.

      The passage of every cell through its birth and death is recorded in
      the mind as your birth and death is recorded in the cosmic mind.

      Everything that has ever happened in you is recorded in the mind.

      It witnesses.

      So it also stands and observes the proportions of the body.

      Now this body is a very well proportioned city.

      It has a fascinating geometry.

      A little something unbalanced is immediately noticed –
      consciously noticed or unconsciously noticed, but notice you do.

      In the medical sciences of India there is an art of diagnosis by
      checking the balances of the physical body, the proportions of the
      physical body.

      For example, they would take a thread and measure you, let's say,
      from navel to the nipple on one side and navel to the nipple on the
      other side.

      Or for women from navel to the left toe and then to the right toe and
      see if the distance is equal, and if it's not, there is some internal
      imbalance.

      I look at people's faces very, very carefully to see whether the left
      side and the right side look balanced.

      The left side and right side have a different balance and different
      lines.

      Everybody here.

      And when I look at a person and decide, on a number of things, on how
      to advise him, I look at the left side, right side, and the forehead.

      http://www.meaus.com