Convergences and Confluences, Part 1

  • zavrel@meaus.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2001
      Convergences and Confluences, Part 1
      By Swami Veda

      In India there is a belief that wherever two rivers meet it is a very
      holy place, a very sacred place and if it is the confluence of three
      rivers, as for example in the center between the eyebrows, it is even
      the holiest. Got you confused right? Such places have been
      considered sacred for thousands of years. The ancient Greek travelers
      to India speak of hundreds of thousands of pilgrims gathering at such
      places to take a sacred bath.

      Even now one of the greatest confluences of people occurs once every
      twelve years at the moment when planet the Jupiter, which is
      traditionally considered the guru of the Gods, enters the sign of the
      Aquarius, the water sign. And everyone follows the guru's example, of
      course, and millions of people come. A city of a million pilgrims in
      well organized tents and camps is a sight to behold.

      These are external confluences, but there are confluences and
      convergences of subtle forces, as I said for example, where various
      energy streams of life force, where the various streams of
      consciousness force come together as in our chakras in the center of
      consciousness.

      The question arises: just as there are such convergences and
      confluences of forces within us (chakras, centers of consciousness)
      as though at specific places – and I use the phrase "as though"
      quite carefully – similarly, is it possible that there are convergences
      and confluences of forces in the universe, in the universes? So far as
      the patterns of energy flows are concerned, there appears to be, as one
      writer has called them, morphogenetic forces in the universe, the
      forces and flows because of which, for example, many unrelated things
      in the world take similar forms. You are familiar with that
      phenomenon – the shape of the spiral galaxy and a roll of hair that
      exists in theeyebrow center in the sixth or seventh month of the fetus
      in the womb, or a roll of hair that a certain spot in the head of the
      children when they are born and the shape of certain shell, and the
      way some of these flower petals are arranged, are all similar. While
      walking in the woods across the pond at the Himalayan Institute the
      other day – and this one secret spot where I always go – there are four
      hundred acres of woods and so much to explore. I have my secret
      spots where I go and commune with myself, with my God, and with nature
      and with the animals around. Looking down, I saw this shape, and I
      said, "My God, how can a sea shell be here?" And I bent down, and it
      was no sea shell but the top of a mushroom with a certain shape, a
      certain marking which is found only on sea shells. You take the
      mushroom and turn it around – there also you see the same pattern that
      you see in shells. You cut a tree, and the cross section has a certain
      whirl which is found everywhere in nature. It appears as though
      anything beautiful in the universe consists of chakras, whirls and
      whirls of these forms, centrifugal, centripetal, converging into a
      center and moving out of a center, both simultaneously, from galaxies
      to the shapes of shells.

      Or you take a drop of water and drop it in water, and the form that
      the subtle waves take are the same forms by which the first great
      concentrations of energy in the universe burst out before the
      universe was created, burst out and spread – and the waves are still
      being heard around the cosmos.

      http://www.meaus.com