Bhagavad Gita, Part 9

  • zavrel@meaus.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2001
      Bhagavad Gita, Part 9
      By Pandit Hari Shankar Dabral

      The teachings of the Bhagavad Gita will make you adhikari if you
      study and apply them into your life.

      The first chapter deals with the reality of our being as human
      beings.

      It talks of how confused we are in this life, which is indeed
      a battlefield for us.

      Kurushetra is symbolic. Shetra is a field. Kuru comes from the root
      'to do'.

      Kurushetra means a field where you are performing your actions.

      In the Gita, they were standing at the Kurushetra and that's where we
      are.

      Our Kurushetra is where we have greed, attachment - all the 6 enemies
      that we have.

      We don't want to fight, which means we don't want to face.

      The first chapter also deals with how we change.

      One day you love someone, the next day you criticize.

      Today you surrender, tomorrow you take it back. Why?

      This is true for all human beings, not just you and me.

      It is the nature of the human mind to wander, question and doubt.

      These are the natural behaviors of human beings.

      Mind will doubt, question, and create all kinds of wonders, problems,
      obstacles, and hurdles.

      You see yourself sitting on a roller coaster that is constantly going
      up and down, up and down.

      The objects of the world are so symbolic.

      The roller coaster goes up slowly then immediately takes you down
      then goes up again.

      It goes up very gently, slowly, then forcefully goes down and makes
      you scared.

      Daily life is indeed a roller coaster as we go.

      You can come out from that roller coaster and make yourself steady and
      establish an equanimity for yourself.

      Samata means a level, a platform.

      That is yoga, when you have created equilibrium for yourself.

      There is no longer a bumpy road or a roller coaster.

      Your mind is clear and becoming clearer every day.

      Confusions are subsiding.

      You are getting more and more in touch with your true nature, what
      you truly are.

      The Gita is a book that teaches the art of life.

      It shows us how to deal with situations, how to live your life with a
      happy peaceful mind, with a blissful mind.

      Finally you liberate yourself.

      The Bhagavad Gita - the Divine song, sung by the Lord,
      right at the battlefield, because that's where we need Him the most.

      You don't have time to live two kinds of life, having your meditative
      life separate from your real world life.

      That's why you live with confusion.

      Humans have been given buddhi, intellect.

      The buddhi is a tool that makes us capable to think.

      Because of that thinking, we have the power to choose our destiny and
      the power to come out from the cycle of pain and misery and sorrow.

      Make a bridge between your meditative life and your daily life and
      you will that your meditative life affects your daily life and makes it
      smoother.

      You see the purpose of your life.

      You understand the nature of yourself and objects.

      Objects are there and you are here and there is a process in between.

      You do not take objects as you. You understand the Gita by
      meditating, making yourself open, and surrendering.

      Next time: Life is full of circumstances, crisis, and problems for
      everybody. The Gita is there to teach us and give us the opportunity
      to rise.

      From a talk given by Pandit Hari Shankar Dabral in Calgary, Canada.

      zavrel@...
      http://www.meaus.com