EXHIBITION OPENING & RECEPOTION - MUSEUM OF EUROPEAN ART

  • John Zavrel
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2012
      Friends,

      if you live in the Buffallo and Niagara Falls area, we invite you to the opening of our exhibition ART ESCAPE.

      The opening & reception for the artist is TOMORROW, Friday, September 7th between 5 - 8 pm
      at the Museum of European Art, 10545 Main St., Clarence, NY 14031.

      best regards,
      John Zavrel

      ******

      Home | Prometheus Nr. 180Alexander Order

      Art Escape on exhibit in Clarence

       'Keyhole to Venice', a photograph by Vivian Mauro.

      Clarence/New York (mea) During September the Museum of European Art is exhibiting 40 photographs by Vivian Mauro in a show entitled "Art Escape: A Photographic Journey." The show includes images from Ms. Mauro's travels. A reception for Ms. Mauro will be held on Friday, September 7, 2012 from 5 to 8 pm.

      A freelance photographer who has traveled extensively with her second-hand Olympus camera, primarily by backpacking, Mauro considers photography "fast art." She has lived in Madrid , Istanbul , Miami , Mallorca and New York City. She produced a talk show on LMC-TV, where she interviewed artists about their work.

      The photographer Vivian Mauro at the Museum of European Art in Clarence, New York.

      Also shown will be 33 color woodcuts by the surrealist painter Salvadoe Dalí. They are from 'Purgatorio', the second part of 100 color woodcuts Dalí created as illustrations to Dante's poem Divina Comedia, and a selection of his ceramics, sculptures and art objects.

      The exhibit is on view at the Museum of European Art (10545 Main Street, Clarence, NY 14031) from September 7 to October 5, 2012.

      The viewing hourse are Tuesday to Friday, 10 am to 4 pm.

      For further information, E-mail zavrel@...

      'The Enlightened Dante', a color woodcut by Salvador Dalí.

      Copyright 2012 Prometheus

      PROMETHEUS, Internet Bulletin for Art, News, Politics and Science, Nr. 180, August 2012