Re: [Rick_Brant] Re: Thanks very much!

  • David Jarvis
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 1 3:31 AM
      Same here, Jim. We all appreciate your efforts. Get well & stay well.

      David

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 2 1:28 AM
        Sorry to be late to the well wishers and thanks, but a heartfelt one from me as well.  Thanks for allowing me to complete my collection and read the only one I haven't.
        Mike.

        Same here, Jim. We all appreciate your efforts. Get well & stay well.

        David

        ________________________________
        Speaking for myself, take your time and get well. I've waited all these
        years - I can wait a little while longer. :-)

        --Steve T.

        On 1/31/2012 9:51 PM, Jim Ogden wrote:

        > I am still mailing out unsigned copies. I was down with the flu and I've
        > gotten behind. As soon as I have mailed out the unsigned copies. I will
        > email each person who ordered a signed copy to confirm what if anything
        > they'd like to have written. I will post here after I've sent out that
        > email.
        >
        > Jim

      • Richard Libott
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 3 8:25 AM
          I have received MT, Jim, and I am very much enjoying it.
          Thank you for all your efforts.

          ~Rick Libott

        • Chuck Baker
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 4 11:52 AM
            Thanks, Mr Ogden, Magic Talisman has arrived! Your efforts for the
            reprints are very much appreciated!

            Oddly enough, when I ordered this there were just three Rick Brants
            that I did not have, the last three. There were still copies of
            Danger Below available from the Rick Brant store so I ordered that at
            the same time I ordered Talisman. That left only The Deadly
            Dutchman. There were copies available both on eBay and Amazon, and
            after some waffling I finally bought the one offered at the best "Buy
            now" price.

            As luck would have it, both books arrived in the mail today, so as of
            right now I finally have the complete set.

            I'd been trying to decide which of the books I hadn't read to start
            with, but the heck with that - I haven't read any of them in decades,
            I'll just start from the beginning and go right through them all. :)

            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 4 8:52 PM
              Mr. Ogden,

              Mine arrived today and it's perfect.

              Thanks,

              Chuck Peacock

            • aeh32768
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 6 10:05 AM
                Quick postscript ... dust jacket art a huge improvement over that of the first printing. I will also make a public confession here for which I hope the Goodwin family will forgive me. I acquired an electronic copy of MT some years ago so that I could read it. I could never have afforded to do so otherwise. I did not further disseminate the file, and I am unwilling to betray those who helped me find it. However, at that time I resolved to buy at least two legal reprints if and when MT became available again. I am very grateful to have been granted the opportunity to do so, and to have purchased multiples of the other RB reprints as well. Like others on this message board, I can now say that I really do own a complete set of the Rick Brant science adventures. They have pride of place on my shelves at home, and I keep miscellaneous copies to loan out to home-schoolers and bright young boys (and girls) who need something more substantial to fuel their dreams than drek about amorous vampires, politically correct talking animals, or comic book heroes without two brain cells on a first name basis. Again, I hope the Goodwins are not too angry with me for my trespass of their copyright. Best regards to all RB fans -Alex Hillis

                --- In Rick_Brant@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Peacock wrote:
                > Mr. Ogden,
                > Mine arrived today and it's perfect.
                > Thanks,
                > Chuck Peacock

              • Jimmy
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 6 10:38 AM
                  Does anyone know if there are any other titles that have been reprinted and are available.

                  Jimmy

                  On Feb 6, 2012, at 1:05 PM, "aeh32768" <alex.hillis@...> wrote:

                  > Quick postscript ... dust jacket art a huge improvement over that of the first printing. I will also make a public confession here for which I hope the Goodwin family will forgive me. I acquired an electronic copy of MT some years ago so that I could read it. I could never have afforded to do so otherwise. I did not further disseminate the file, and I am unwilling to betray those who helped me find it. However, at that time I resolved to buy at least two legal reprints if and when MT became available again. I am very grateful to have been granted the opportunity to do so, and to have purchased multiples of the other RB reprints as well. Like others on this message board, I can now say that I really do own a complete set of the Rick Brant science adventures. They have pride of place on my shelves at home, and I keep miscellaneous copies to loan out to home-schoolers and bright young boys (and girls) who need something more substantial to fuel their dreams than drek about amorous vampires, politically correct talking animals, or comic book heroes without two brain cells on a first name basis. Again, I hope the Goodwins are not too angry with me for my trespass of their copyright. Best regards to all RB fans -Alex Hillis
                  >
                  > --- In Rick_Brant@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Peacock wrote:
                  > > Mr. Ogden,
                  > > Mine arrived today and it's perfect.
                  > > Thanks,
                  > > Chuck Peacock

                • Steve T.
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 6 4:41 PM
                    Just arrived here on the North Coast. I have a little way to go finish
                    my rereading of "The Autobiography Of Benjamin Franklin" and then it's
                    Magic Talisman time!

                    Party time in Westlake! :-D

                    --Steve T.
                  • Michael Wysocki
                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 6 5:56 PM
                      I have not recieved mine yet.  But it has been so long since I have read a Rick Brant I think I will start from the begining and do the series right.
                      Mike.

                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 6 7:45 PM
                        I have sent notices to everyone who ordered a signed copy verifying how they want it signed.

                        If you ordered a signed book and didn't receive the email let me know at store@...

                        The books should be signed this weekend and shipped next week.

                        Jim