Tony Palmer

  • Maurice Bird
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 9, 2003
      I would like a copy of the Tony Palmer video if there is any chance.
      I'm in the UK so one from somebody over here would be great. I would
      of course pay all the expenses. By the way my son is an entertainer
      on American Cruise ships and he sends us videos. I bought a video
      player that takes both types and I only paid the same as other
      players. The big stores stock them.
    • H Morris
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 10, 2003
        Maurice, obviously it would be best if someone in the U.K. volunteered. But if no one does, I'd be willing to make you a copy. However, my copies are originals form the late 80's and are not in the best of shape.

        Heidi

        Maurice Bird <mothegolf@...> wrote:
        I would like a copy of the Tony Palmer video if there is any chance.
        I'm in the UK so one from somebody over here would be great. I would
        of course pay all the expenses. By the way my son is an entertainer
        on American Cruise ships and he sends us videos. I bought a video
        player that takes both types and I only paid the same as other
        players. The big stores stock them.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        "I wasted time, now time doth waste me."

        William Shakespeare

      • Maurice Bird

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 10, 2003
              Hi

              I can do you a PAL copy of the Tony Palmer programme no problem. I am
              looking for copies of Hammersmith is Out and Staircase. I don't
              suppose you have by the remotest of chances have these on video? I
              have been looking for these for ages. Just a thought anyway as I am
              more interested in expanding my Burton collection than getting cash.
              I'd be more than happy to make you a copy either way. Quality may
              not be brilliant as its about 15 years old I guess but its a must see
              programme no matter what the quality of the recording.

              Cheers

              Georgina

              --- In RichardBurton@yahoogroups.com, "Maurice Bird" <mothegolf@y...>

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 11, 2003
                  Hi again

                  No luck with amazon but I check ebay on a daily basis so you never
                  know, I may get my wish granted.

                  OK, I'm off to watch Hamlet, he's simply DIVINE!!!!

                  Cheers

                  --- In RichardBurton@yahoogroups.com, H Morris <hehmorris@y...> wrote:
                  > You can probably find both of these on ebay, or Amazon.com
                  >
                  > Heidi
                  >
                  > chasfaz <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                  >
                  > Hi
                  >
                  > I can do you a PAL copy of the Tony Palmer programme no problem. I
                  am
                  > looking for copies of Hammersmith is Out and Staircase. I don't
                  > suppose you have by the remotest of chances have these on video? I
                  > have been looking for these for ages. Just a thought anyway as I am
                  > more interested in expanding my Burton collection than getting
                  cash.
                  > I'd be more than happy to make you a copy either way. Quality may
                  > not be brilliant as its about 15 years old I guess but its a must
                  see
                  > programme no matter what the quality of the recording.
                  >
                  > Cheers
                  >
                  > Georgina
                  >
                  > -
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  Service.

                  > "I wasted time, now time doth waste me."
                  >
                  > William
                  Shakespeare

                • H Morris
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 11, 2003
                    Have you done a Google search with the names of the films? Yes, he is devine.

                    Heidi

                    chasfaz <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                    Hi again

                    No luck with amazon but I check ebay on a daily basis so you never
                    know, I may get my wish granted.

                    OK, I'm off to watch Hamlet, he's simply DIVINE!!!!

                    Cheers

                    --- In RichardBurton@yahoogroups.com, H Morris <hehmorris@y...> wrote:
                    > You can probably find both of these on ebay, or Amazon.com
                    >
                    > Heidi
                    >
                    > chasfaz <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                    >
                    > Hi
                    >
                    > I can do you a PAL copy of the Tony Palmer programme no problem. I
                    am
                    > looking for copies of Hammersmith is Out and Staircase. I don't
                    > suppose you have by the remotest of chances have these on video? I
                    > have been looking for these for ages. Just a thought anyway as I am
                    > more interested in expanding my Burton collection than getting
                    cash.
                    > I'd be more than happy to make you a copy either way. Quality may
                    > not be brilliant as its about 15 years old I guess but its a must
                    see
                    > programme no matter what the quality of the recording.
                    >
                    > Cheers
                    >
                    > Georgina
                    >
                    > -
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    Service.

                    > "I wasted time, now time doth waste me."
                    >
                    > William
                    Shakespeare

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 11, 2003
                      Hamersmith Is Out is on eBay for $25 or $75 with buy-it-now.

                      I almost spit out a pistchio when I saw THIS price!!

                      <A HREF="http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y01Y5204314Y0132289/002-1593118-1480809">
                      http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/exchange-glance/Y01Y5204314Y0132289/002-1593118-1480809</A>

                      $195?!?! Is it dipped in gold?!

                      ~*~Lisa~*~
                      "Oh, I'm quite warm in this stick of celery." -Mrs. Zambezi/Terry
                      And now for something completely different....
                      Totally Terry, Shades Of Gray, Magnificent Michael,
                      JET: John Cleese, Eric Idle & Terry Gilliam
                      ..::<A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/python3">Monty Python</A>::..
                    • H Morris