Re: Videos of Chat Shows

  • chasfaz
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hi Heidi

      I taped it directly from the TV when it was originally shown here.
      Its a treasured possession :-)

      If you have a multi regional VCR, widely available here, you can
      watch NTSC USA tapes no problem. Same with DVD's. Theres so much more
      stuff available in the States, I just ordered Hamlet on DVD from
      amazon.com and its been deleted here. Can't wait for it to arrive.

      Cheers

      Georgina

      --- In RichardBurton@yahoogroups.com, H Morris <hehmorris@y...> wrote:

      > You're very welcome, Georgina. Where did you get hold of the
      Palmer film? I taped it when it originally aired on American TV, way
      back in 1988 or so. I've really wanted Rob to see this. I'm not
      going to speak for Rob--it is his group, on the trades, but aren't
      British and American systems not compatible? In other words, if I
      sent you a tape, you wouldn't be able to watch it. Correct?

      > Heidi
      > chasfaz <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      >
      > Hi Heidi
      >
      > I watched the Tony Palmer tribute to Richard Burton just last
      night.
      > WOW there are some great interviews on there. I hadn't watched it
      for
      > years, not since it was frst aired on UK TV and I was totally
      > mesmerised by Burton in it. Thanks for mentioning the two A&E
      > programmes, I can get their Biography channel in the UK so I will
      > scan the listings to see if they are on the schedule.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Georgina
      > --- In RichardBurton@yahoogroups.com, H Morris <hehmorris@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > I've been looking as well. I believe David Frost is available,
      but
      > have no clue as to how to get it. I would love to have the Dick
      > Cavet interviews of the early 80's. I saw them when they
      originally
      > aired, but that was back in the pre-VCR days. At least
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      >

      > "I wasted time, now time doth waste me."
      >
      > William
      Shakespeare

    • H Morris
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 1, 2003
        I'm sorry Georgina, I either misread, or didn't read thoroughly enough your previous post.

        I have the "Hamlet" DVD. All I can say is enjoy. Let us know what you think after you've watched it.

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 2, 2003
          Hi Heidi

          Oooh I am so excited. I got an email from Amazon to say that Hamlet's
          been shipped already. I am on a weeks holiday the week after next and
          I plan to spend all of it wallowing in the cinematic delights of the
          two greatest Welshman, Richard Burton and Anthony Hopkins.

          I plan also to watch Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf, Cleopatra, Night
          of the Iguana and The Spy Who came In From The Cold. I am also
          waiting on a order for DivorceHis/Divorce Hers. This I have never
          seen but I am intrigued to see what its about.

          TTFN

          Georgina
          --- In RichardBurton@yahoogroups.com, H Morris <hehmorris@y...> wrote:
          > I'm sorry Georgina, I either misread, or didn't read thoroughly
          enough your previous post.

          > I have the "Hamlet" DVD. All I can say is enjoy. Let us know what
          you think after you've watched it.

          > Heidi
          >
          > chasfaz <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          >
          > Hi Heidi
          >
          > I taped it directly from the TV when it was originally shown here.
          > Its a treasured possession :-)
          >
          > If you have a multi regional VCR, widely available here, you can
          > watch NTSC USA tapes no problem. Same with DVD's. Theres so much
          more
          > stuff available in the States, I just ordered Hamlet on DVD from
          > amazon.com and its been deleted here. Can't wait for it to arrive.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Georgina
          >

          > --- In RichardBurton@yahoogroups.com, H Morris <hehmorris@y...>
          wrote:

          > > You're very welcome, Georgina. Where did you get hold of the
          > Palmer film? I taped it when it originally aired on American TV,
          way
          > back in 1988 or so. I've really wanted Rob to see this. I'm not
          > going to speak for Rob--it is his group, on the trades, but aren't
          > British and American systems not compatible? In other words, if I
          > sent you a tape, you wouldn't be able to watch it. Correct?
          > >
          > > Heidi
          > > chasfaz <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Heidi
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          >

          > "I wasted time, now time doth waste me."
          >
          > William
          Shakespeare

        • H Morris
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 2, 2003
            Hi, I'd be excited too! Enjoy! I have Divorce His/Hers. Objectively not a great film, but heck it has Burton in it. I need say no more.

            By the way, what part of the U.K. are you in? If you've said, forgive me.

            I an very happy to see this group so active!

            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 2, 2003
              In a message dated 8/3/2003 12:09:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
              hehmorris@... writes:

              > I have Divorce His/Hers. Objectively not a great film, but heck it has
              > Burton in it. I need say no more.

              I agree. I'd be more interested in seeing Hamlet. Or maybe not. *shrug*
              Decisions, lol!

              ~*~Lisa~*~
              ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
              "Oh, I'm quite warm in this stick of celery." -Mrs. Zambezi/Terry
              ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
              And now for something completely different....
              Totally Terry, Shades Of Gray, Magnificent Michael,
              JET: John Cleese, Eric Idle & Terry Gilliam
              ..::<A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/python3">Monty Python</A>::..
            • H Morris
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 2, 2003
                Hamlet rocks!

                Heidi

                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 7, 2003
                  Hello Heidi

                  Guess what arrived in the post this morning? My Hamlet DVD from
                  amazon.com. The packaging is excellent and I am looking forward to be
                  able to sit down and take it all in. I resisted the temptation to put
                  it in the player straight away as I want to savour it (and I am too
                  tired tonight after a busy day at work) to give it my full attention.
                  Off to Laugharne, South West Wales at the weekend to see some of the
                  Dylan Thomas Festival and plan to stop off on the way and see the
                  house where Richard was born. Therefore Hamlet will be the first
                  thing on my agenda Monday morning.

                  You asked which part of the UK I was from, well I live not far from
                  Birmingham, in the West Midlands, (about 2 hours drive from London).

                  I'll be sure to let you know my thoughts on Hamlet once I've stopped
                  staring at the TV screen in sheer adoration.

                  TTFN

                  Georgina
                • chasfaz
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 7, 2003
                    Hiya Lisa

                    Hamlet will be first in the player as I am still waiting for Divorce
                    His /Hers to arrive. Looking forward to seeing something new of his.

                    Cheers

                    Georgina