JOE ELDRIDGE and KAREN (Pfefferkorn) WALKER re Squyre(s)/Squire(s) ... AND JACK COBB(S) ... 10-15-09

  • Bob Friend
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2009
      Yes, of course -- JACK  COBB  (or was it COBBS?).  That's where you collected all those thousands of dollars, Joe!  <g>

      And, having received additional input, I now believe the sawmill owner's name was indeed Squire (or Squires); the latter is more common as a surname, but there are many folks named Squire in NE Indiana.  Perhaps the sawyer (old-fashioned term!) was named Squire, and the business's name used the singular possessive form, i.e., Squire's.

                       --BOB  FRIEND