Re: A mind divided

  • davidmckissack
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 2, 2007
      >"Borgettes" doesn't sound right to me (isn't
      > Kate the only female member of the board?).

      Someone reminded me we have another female on the board, but I was
      paying her the ultimate reenactor compliment of not "seeing" her that
      way (you gotta take the field to understand that).

      Cheers,
      Crew Member No. 6
      "The guy who always dies first"
    • gunbrig@aug.com
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 2, 2007
        Dave:

        Including Kate, there are actually at least 3 female members of the board.

        Your Servant,
        Lee Bienkowski

        Quoting davidmckissack <turf1@...>:

        > --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, PBSP@... wrote:
        >
        > > Thanks Kate for your alter egos of the good witch and wicked
        > > witch. Been a nice walk down the yellow brink road toward Oz. Looks
        > > like the tornado is now taking us to the Delta Quadrant.
        > >
        > > John Mills
        > > Mott's Artillery
        >
        > John-- We've got "Locutus," but our challenge now is a substitute
        > for "flying monkeys." "Borgettes" doesn't sound right to me (isn't Kate
        > the only female member of the board?). I guess we could go
        > with "Burghers," but a reprimand from food doesn't carry much
        > gravitas. "Boogers?" -- best not go there.
        >
        > "Loctites?"
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Crew Member No. 6
        > The one who always gets killed.

      • Joseph Ruckman
        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 2, 2007
          > Since Kate has retired from being our "Wicked Witch of the West," (a
          > moniker so completely opposite to her truly benevolent character and
          > manner) and we still, I presume, have our 'Flying Monkeys,' I would
          > humbly propose that we continue the over-the-rainbow theme and
          > install our new jefe as 'Great and Powerful Oz'* - provided he does
          > not object to being so styled, of course.

          Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain....

          Joseph
          Flying Monkey Hammer Forever
        • Greg Ketcham
          Message 4 of 28 , Apr 2, 2007
            Bruce:
            Nah. This Monkey doesn't do "New Math". If you must go with a Trek analogy,
            then I prefer to think of myself as one of the "I'm going to be killed in
            the first 5 minutes" red-shirted guys from classic Trek :-)

            Greg Ketcham
            Left Handed Monkey Wrench Gang of Four

            On 4/2/07, Bruce McNeal <mcneal@...> wrote:

            > How about if they each name themselves something like 4of9, 2of9, etc.
            > Collectively we are Borg.
            >
            > .

          • davidmckissack
            Message 5 of 28 , Apr 2, 2007
              --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph Ruckman" <J.Ruckman@...> wrote:

              > Flying Monkey Hammer

              If that's not a World Wrestling Federation move, it should be.

              OK, I'll shut up about this now.

              Crew Man No. 6
            • KILTONE@aol.com
              Message 6 of 28 , Apr 2, 2007
                he is going for the top rope, he is up on the turnbuckle,, could it it be
                the dreaded flying monkey hammer??!!!

                His opponent is down on the mat, defenseless and without a prayer,,, Oz is
                in the air!! it is the Flying monkey hammer! The crowd cant look!! Medics have
                been summoned, but I am afraid its to late, another victim has fallen to the
                flying monkeys.

                Michael
                Vth Regt
                Ringside witness to monkey mania 07 STOP Weapons of Flying Monkey
                Destruction before its too late!!

                Message 7 of 28 , Apr 2, 2007
                  Yeah, does that mean that the dance we do is called the Borgaloo??

                  J~

                  Borglings?

                  --- In _Revlist@yahoogroupsRevl_ (mailto:Revlist@yahoogroups.com) ,
                  "davidmckissack" <turf1@...> wrote:

                  > --- In _Revlist@yahoogroupsRevl_ (mailto:Revlist@yahoogroups.com) , PBSP@
                  wrote:

                  > > Thanks Kate for your alter egos of the good witch and wicked
                  > > witch. Been a nice walk down the yellow brink road toward Oz.
                  Looks
                  > > like the tornado is now taking us to the Delta Quadrant.
                  > >
                  > > John Mills
                  > > Mott's Artillery
                  >
                  > John-- We've got "Locutus," but our challenge now is a substitute
                  > for "flying monkeys." "Borgettes" doesn't sound right to me (isn't
                  Kate
                  > the only female member of the board?). I guess we could go
                  > with "Burghers," but a reprimand from food doesn't carry much
                  > gravitas. "Boogers?" -- best not go there.
                  >
                  > "Loctites?"
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > Crew Member No. 6
                  > The one who always gets killed.

                • Dan Gracia
                  Message 8 of 28 , Apr 2, 2007
                    You can actually have a speaking part as a red-shirted "die-soon", but
                    we will never know your last name....or, if we know your last name, we
                    won't know your first name.

                    ENGAGE....

                    --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Ketcham" <greg.ketcham@...> wrote:

                    > Bruce:
                    > Nah. This Monkey doesn't do "New Math". If you must go with a Trek
                    analogy,
                    > then I prefer to think of myself as one of the "I'm going to be
                    killed in
                    > the first 5 minutes" red-shirted guys from classic Trek :-)
                    >
                    > Greg Ketcham
                    > Left Handed Monkey Wrench Gang of Four
                    >

                    > On 4/2/07, Bruce McNeal <mcneal@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > How about if they each name themselves something like 4of9,
                    2of9, etc.
                    > > Collectively we are Borg.
                    > >
                    > > .

                  • Tw Moran
                    Message 9 of 28 , Apr 2, 2007
                      'Tis simple! the Chairman of the Borg and the Borg of Directors: Being
                      as they are of "One Mind".

                      Tw
                    • Laurence Todd
                      Message 10 of 28 , Apr 2, 2007
                        Wasn't that a kids show by Sid and Marty Kroft in the 70's?

                        LT

                        > Yeah, does that mean that the dance we do is called the Borgaloo??
                        >
                        > J~

                      • Greg Ketcham
                        Message 11 of 28 , Apr 2, 2007
                          LT, if you start singing the theme, I will have to make a road trip Down
                          South to slap you :-)

                          Greg
                          "Hey, Hey, we're the Flying Monkeys, people say we monkey around..."