Re: [Revlist] Wooden box lock

  • Tw Moran
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
      The images do not blow up well, dpi is to low. At first glance one
      would assume it to be at least 18th C. But with out it in my hands to
      take apart completely: and even then it would be hard to get an exact date.
      Some possible clues: Get it x-rayed. If you can get it free of the
      wood; look for a patent date, makers mark. Handle wearing gloves if you can.
      If it is important enough, you can have the wood's tree rings looked
      at, by the people who do that. Cornall U in NY state has that I believe.

      Tw

      Sgt42RHR@... wrote