Re: [Revlist] Wooden box lock

  • Sgt42RHR@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
      twmoran@... writes:
      but I could only get one page to open.

      Sorry, try these:

      http://tinyurl.com/3ytft3
      http://tinyurl.com/38axp2
      http://tinyurl.com/yvdt33

      Cheers,
      J~

      John M. Johnston
      42d Grenr. Compy.
      "There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness." Dave Barry
    • Tw Moran
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
        The images do not blow up well, dpi is to low. At first glance one
        would assume it to be at least 18th C. But with out it in my hands to
        take apart completely: and even then it would be hard to get an exact date.
        Some possible clues: Get it x-rayed. If you can get it free of the
        wood; look for a patent date, makers mark. Handle wearing gloves if you can.
        If it is important enough, you can have the wood's tree rings looked
        at, by the people who do that. Cornall U in NY state has that I believe.

        Tw

        Sgt42RHR@... wrote