SARATOGA EVENT FUND-RAISING

  • umfspock87@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      Dear List,

      The organizers of this year's Saratoga Event are in the process of raising funds to put on what looks like the largest event of 2007. In an effort to help out, I've decided to donate $10 of every sale of my book on Riflemen to the Saratoga event. The book, entitled, "They Are Indeed a Very Useful Corps: American Riflemen in the Revolutionary War," includes a chapter on the formation of Daniel Morgan's Rifle Corps, and another chapter on their role at the Battle of Saratoga. The Saratoga chapter is full of eyewitness/primary accounts that I think many reenactors will enjoy.

      The book also covers the formation of the first continental rifle companies and their role at Boston, Quebec, New York, Trenton and Princeton, Brandywine, Valley Forge, the New York Frontier, and in the South at Kings Mountain and Cowpens.

      The books retails from $30 from my publisher (Heritagebooks) but I am selling copies for $25... plus $2 for shipping.

      I will also bring a few to Saturday's Continental Line meeting in case anyone is interested in picking a copy up there.

      Remember, for every book sold, $10 goes to the Saratoga event to pay for water, toilets, wood, etc... If you already have a copy, maybe you'r local library would appreciate one. Then you'd be helping two groups out at once.

      For those interested in this offer, you can contact offline at

      umfspock87@...

      or you can send me a check with your return address for $27 at

      Mike Cecere
      15517 Laurel Ridge Road
      Montclair, VA 22025

      For more information about the book, check out:

      www.heritagebooks.com or

      www.amazon.com Just type in my last name and the book should be among those listed.

      Cheers,

      Mike Cecere 7th VA
    • Mike Barbieri
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
        --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, umfspock87@... wrote:

        > Dear List,
        >
        > The organizers of this year's Saratoga Event are in the process of
        raising funds to put on what looks like the largest event of 2007.
        In an effort to help out, I've decided to donate $10 of every sale of
        my book on Riflemen to the Saratoga event. . . .

        Mike,

        I want everyone to know that Mike volunteered to do this for the
        event--the organizers did not approach him with the idea. Very
        generous of you!

        Christian Cameron has also made similar arrangements for the sale of
        his book, "Washington and Caesar."

        It should also be emphasized that funding for the basics of the event-
        -wood, water, etc.--is already in place. Any additional funding
        raised will go towards beefing up the Sat. eve. festivities--
        refreshments, entertainment, etc.--a powder allotment for artillery
        who fire their guns in the evening cannonade, and, if enough is
        raised, a souvenir of the event for all participants and seed money
        for t-shirts.

        See you at the meeting Sat.

        Mike Barbieri
        Whitcomb's Corps--American co-sponsor for Saratoga 230