Re: Officer Rank Certificate

  • bdodgeweaver
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2007
      --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, GroverSAR@... wrote:

      > Looking for download of American Revolutionary war officer rank
      certificate . . . Robert L. Grover

      Dear Sir: I assume what you are seeking is a copy of a commission, as
      issued by either the Continental Congress or one of the several
      independent states. If so, the George Washington Papers on-line at the
      Library of Congress have images of executed commissions (search under
      forms, commissions, etc.) If what you want is a nice blank form in the
      proper size and pretty good paper, for presentation to an SAR
      colleague, I suggest spending a few dollars to get a blank commission
      from Sullivan Press - cheaper than a large double mocha and biscotti at
      Coffee-Hut, and a nice keepsake to boot.

      Thad Weaver
      German Rt.