Re: [Revlist] Second annual court days, Smithfield, va.

  • Rob Friar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2007
      Dear liste,
      Just a quick announcement to let you know about a neat little event we are putting on over here in Smithfield, Virginia. It is our second annual 18th Century Court days in the restored historic 1750 courthouse. It will take place this Saturday, Feb. 3rd.
      The Virginia Patriots, Inc., will be reenacting an actual court case that was heard in the building in the 1760s. Times are 11 a.m. and 1, 2, and 3 p.m. Each "show" lasts about 30 min., and gets the audiance involved in the case itself.
      I would like to invite all who are looking for a chance to put on your funny clothes and pay us a visit to come on out. Admission is free, and it would be great to have some folks in 18th century attire in the audiance to add some atmosphere, as you will be standing in the actual spot where the public would have been standing watching these cases being tried. Hey, who knows, you may have the chance to participate as well if you wish as part of the jury or something like that.
      So, hope to see some of you there!

      Rob Friar
      HM Sloop OTTER &
      7th Va. Regt.