Re: Re: [Revlist] UTR pics

  • Shaun
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2006
      The Petticoat trousers or Slops as they are commonly referred to were a
      working garment which would be worn over a pair of breeches or trousers to
      protect them from tar and other wear and tear which would occur aboard ship,
      and unless you were a long shoreman, chances are pretty good you would not
      be seen on shore in them.

      Shaun