Re: Period ball molds

  • Charles Edwards
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2006
      I recently obtained 0.715 calibre mold from Lyman and
      cast several bullets for my 0.75 calibre Brown Bess.
      It requires a greased muslin patch for a snug fit.
      With this combination I can achieve a grouping of ~ 6
      inches at 50 yards. Of course, I am just an average
      marksman.

      Anyway, Lyman mold has yielded very good results.

      YOS,

      Charles Edwards
      (1MR)

      http://mail.yahoo.com