Whiter than white, stronger than dirt?

  • Patrick J O'Kelley
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2006
      Howdy,

      >My muslin shift, which was a very dark musliny color 20 years ago, is
      >as white as white can be, after just ordinary laundering all these
      >years.

      My white wool pants are now a dark brownish grey after four
      years of use.
      What is this thing you call laundry?

      Patrick O'Kelley http://www.2nc.org/
      Author of "Nothing but Blood and Slaughter" The Revolutionary War in the
      Carolinas
      Available at Volume One 1771-1779
      http://www.booklocker.com/books/1469.html
      Volume Two 1780
      http://www.booklocker.com/books/1707.html
      Volume Three 1781
      http://www.booklocker.com/books/1965.html
    • Colleen Humphreys
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2006
        >Howdy,
        >
        >>My muslin shift, which was a very dark musliny color 20 years ago, is
        >>as white as white can be, after just ordinary laundering all these
        >>years.
        >
        > My white wool pants are now a dark brownish grey after four
        >years of use.
        > What is this thing you call laundry?

        I did say muslin, not wool...and you CAN hand wash wool..
        --
        Colleen, Neen @ alum.MIT.EDU
        at home with 4 kids 18th Reenactor Mom