Re: [Revlist] Atlanta, Georgia - tourist suggestions

  • John Welsh
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
      Definitely the huge and impressive cyclorama of the siege of Atlanta during
      the Civil War. Not to be missed. Ti replicates the one at Waterloo.
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
        I lived in Atlanta for 14 years and most my family still live there All
        that was suggested to you are really great sites to see. The art museum is
        really good too and don't forget to see a show at the Fox Theatre. The
        theatre itself is a must see! It is really old and at one time was
        considered to be torn down till the citizens petitioned. I believe that
        "Gone With The Wind" did his movie premiere there. I will try to think of
        more things. Hope that little bit helps. Beautiful city, just hate the 285
        freeway and you will too..believe me!

        Rosemary

        > Hello:
        >
        > I'll be travelling to Atlanta in March, and I was wondering if anyone has
        > suggestions for sights to see.
      • Glenn Williams
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
          Jim,

          The National Infantry Museum at Fort Benning is my favorite Army museum, just keep in mind it is 100 miles from Atlanta. You may also want to consider visiting Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield, and perhaps Pickett's Mill State Battlefield parks.

          Best Regards,

          Glenn