Guilford 225th Hotels??

  • Reg Padgett
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
      Can anyone recommend some hotels close within 10 mins from battlefield.
      I have never been up to Guilford or Tannebuam.

      Any help is appreciated.

      Email Wildhylander@...

      thanks
      Reg
      64th Regt Foote
    • rgrokelley
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
        Howdy,

        > Can anyone recommend some hotels close within 10 mins from
        battlefield.
        > I have never been up to Guilford or Tannebuam.

        The site is located in Greensboro, one of the largest cities in
        North Carolina, so there is plenty of hotels to choose from. Find a
        hotel on the west side of the city and you'll be close.

        Patrick O'Kelley
        goober.com@...
      • Stephen
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
          Seeing the site moved further west, a hotel at the airport would also
          be close. Just use GSO as the airport code. There is a Ramada there and
          a couple of others. I would check soon, I know we have the women's ACC
          tourney starting next weekend and I'm not sure if we the the men's this
          year or not? If so, then it is usually the same weekend as the event.
          Look for hotels on Battleground or Bryan Blvd, Green Spring or Spring
          Garden roads that will put you close.

          Steve
          2nd Korps, Hesse-Cassel jagers
        • Lowell Soots, Jr.
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
            Reg-
            Try around the airport area if you want to be closest to Price Park. After
            that look around the Wendover Ave. and Hwy. 68/I-40 areas.There are not a
            lot of hotels on the NW side of the city.

            Dusty
            2nd NC

          • RLee611@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
              There is a Marriott at the airport which is about 4 miles away on Bryan Blvd.

              At exit 210 of Hwy 40 at Hwy 68 - about 7.5 miles away there is a:

              Embassy Suites
              Sleep Inn
              Marriott Fairfield
              Best Western
              Red Roof
              Ramada Inn
              Comfort Suites
              & Days Inn

              At exit 213 of Hwy 40 at Guiford College Road & Swing Rd there is a Clarion.
              Guilford College Road North will take you to New Garden Road and Price Park

              Randall
              6th NC

            • Doug Sahlin
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
                Try the Fairfield Inn "Greensboro Airport" Modern facilities, efficient
                staff, good sound barriers between rooms, free breakfast. Phone
                1-336-841--140. Move fast the place is filling up due to other events in
                same locale.

                Doug

                Visit the RevList Homepage, which includes a list of sutlers, RevList member
                photos, FAQ, etc., at

                http://www.liming.org/revlist/

                TO UNSUBSCRIBE: please send a message to
                Revlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

                _____

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS