Re: [Revlist] Powdering soldier's hair... why?

  • Jay Callaham
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2006
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Patrick J O'Kelley
      To: Revlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 5:49 PM
      Subject: [Revlist] Powdering soldier's hair... why?

      Howdy,
      Besides the cosmetic reasons, or fashion sense, what on earth
      made the officers want to have soldiers with powdered hair?
      I've wondered about that for awhile.

      <snip>

      Why, why because that is the way that it is DONE! Ours is not to reason why; ours is not to make reply - - - (ooops - wrong war)

      You need another reason?? The above is perfectly sufficient! Sink me - - you're looking for logic and practicality in the military?? When?

      Gads! Odds fish, old boy! You were associated with the military for HOW long???????<^;\)

      Jay
      Coldm Reg't
      4th Coy, Bde of Guards

    • rgrpuck
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2006
        Because........

        The boss said so ? It was the Army and they wanted it that way ?