Re: [Revlist] UTR Photos

  • pete condrick
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2005
      Gallant Forty-Twa,

      My Kinsmen! What great photos of all of us enjoying what was certainly one of the best UTR I have had the privilage being part. Please, forward me the pics of the Navy Personel so that I may have them put on our SOMERSET website as well. I hope you enjoyed the brawl on Sunday...I figured my Kinsmen would enjoy that! Glad you were part of that...only unit that could draw the whole fight even with that many Sailors! To see you guys rush into the fray made the whole weekend perfect! How will we ever improve on this years demonstration! My hats off to you and yours.

      Abu!

      Lt. Condrick
      HMS SOMERSET
    • Charles F. Phillips
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 2005
        You know, methinks the good Leftenant appears to have had an extra rum
        ration in one of those pics! :-)

        R/s,
        Charlie
        HMS Richmond

        "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the Congress is in
        session."
        ---Mark Twain

        > Gallant Forty-Twa,
        >
        > My Kinsmen! What great photos of all of us enjoying what was
        > certainly one of the best UTR I have had the privilage being
        > part. Please, forward me the pics of the Navy Personel so
        > that I may have them put on our SOMERSET website as well. I
        > hope you enjoyed the brawl on Sunday...I figured my Kinsmen
        > would enjoy that! Glad you were part of that...only unit that
        > could draw the whole fight even with that many Sailors! To
        > see you guys rush into the fray made the whole weekend
        > perfect! How will we ever improve on this years
        > demonstration! My hats off to you and yours.
        >
        > Abu!
        >
        > Lt. Condrick
        > HMS SOMERSET
      • Glenn Williams
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 3, 2005
          Dear List,

          Over the past few years I have been working on a book about the Revolutionary War on the frontier. Many people have been supportive of my efforts, which have now come to fruition.

          "YEAR of the HANGMAN: George Washington's Campaign against the Iroquois," was published by Westholme Publishing. We were notified that the printer released it to distribution on Monday, June 20. You may see a promo of it at www.westholmepublishing.com, and it should reach local retail bookstores, like Barnes and Noble, Borders, Olsson's, etc., by mid-July, although it is already posted to Amazon.com and other on-line book sellers. The list price, hard cover, is $26.00.

          I wanted to call it "Not Merely Overrun but Destroy," but the publisher believed "Year of the Hangman" would grab the attention of the more casual enthusiast of the Revolutionary War. The tie-in, however, is that the Six Nations began full-participation in the Revolutionary War in 1777 with the battle of Oriskany. The narrative concentrates on the offensive waged by Six Nations, their "dependent" and allied nations' warriors and Tory rangers on the American backcountry. I have included descriptions of the attacks on Fort Henry,Cobbleskilll, Wyoming Valley, German Flats, and Cherry Valley to name a few. I also describe the Continental Army's response in 1778 with the Hartley, William Butler and McIntosh Indian expeditions. The book climaxes with the Sullivan-Clinton and Brodhead Expeditions of 1779.

          I hope members of the list will consider getting a copy, and enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed the research and writing.

          I will be attending the the 225th Anniversary of Rochambeau's Arrival in Newport. I will be representing my employer, the U.S. Army Center of Military History, as my duties include the Army's participation in the Washington-Rochambeau Revolutionary Route (W3R) commemoration. I hope to see some of you there.

          Best Regards,

          Glenn Williams
          Major (Ret.), US Army

        • John Maass
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 5, 2005
            --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, Glenn Williams <gfwilliams607@y...>
            wrote:
            Glenn:
            Good luck with the book.
            I did see it on Amazon.com, looks great.
            John Maass
          • Glenn Williams
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 5, 2005
              John,

              Thank you. It was great fun researching.

              Glenn

              wrote:
              Glenn:
              Good luck with the book.
              I did see it on Amazon.com, looks great.
              John Maass

              Visit the RevList Homepage, which includes a list of sutlers, RevList member photos, FAQ, etc., at

              http://www.liming.org/revlist/

              TO UNSUBSCRIBE: please send a message to
              Revlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

              ---------------------------------

            • Susan Gable
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 28, 2006
                The photo pages for the 42 RHR are up and running and may be accessed
                by clicking on the link below. Of course, they are heavy on the
                highland camp activities......

                http://musketsofthecrown.homestead.com/06Williamsburg1.html

                Take Care,
                Susan Gable - Distaff
                Muskets of the Crown
              • Cathleen Crown
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 29, 2006
                  --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Gable" <gable@...> wrote:

                  > The photo pages for the 42 RHR are up and running and may be accessed
                  > by clicking on the link below. Of course, they are heavy on the
                  > highland camp activities......
                  >
                  >Susan,
                  Great pictures, beautifully displayed. Thanks for posting them to the
                  Revlist page for all to see. Thanks especially for the two Hessian
                  pix. While I brought my camera, I never left the magazine enclosure as
                  I was kept so busy interpreting baking for the army.
                  Thanks very much, Cate Crown, Regt. von Knyphausen>