Re: Its not the size of the regiment that counts...its what you do with it!

  • g.
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
      Wow Patrick,
      That's like a cast o' thousands compared our Spanish Louisiana
      Regiment. :)
      Granted, its a little tricker for us to gather since we're spread
      out between South Central Texas and Mississippi, with a contingent
      in St. Louis. The last time we gathered en masse, we numbered
      around 20. We had 10 for the Louisiana Purchase gig in New Orleans
      back in December '03 when we handed over the property to the French.
      The lowest point was probably for a last-minute "Siege of Baton
      Rouge, 1779" gig in September where 2 of our guys from New Orleans
      were the only ones able to drop everything & head out there. Now if
      only we could find some Florida Panhandle-based Brits.....

      gus.
      Adj. Regimento de La Luisiana

      --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, Patrick J OKelley <goober.com@j...>
      wrote:
      >I can top that. The 2nd North Carolina during the siege of
      > Charleston had seven companies. The whole regiment was only 97
      men. One company was just 11 men. The 2nd South Carolina had one
      company of just 9 men. The 3rd North Carolina in Charleston only
      had three companies, and numbered 73 men.

      > Patrick O'Kelley
    • rgrokelley
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
        Howdy,

        > >I can top that. The 2nd North Carolina during the siege of
        > > Charleston had seven companies.

        > Wow Patrick,
        > That's like a cast o' thousands compared our Spanish Louisiana
        > Regiment. :)

        I was talking about the original regiment, not the recreated
        regiment.

        Patrick O'Kelley
        goober.com@...
      • g.
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2004
          D'oh!!

          Actually, after I had sent my note I realized the same thing, lol.

          g.