Service in Virginia Regiments

  • Sgt42RHR@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2004
      Gentle List,
      One of my ancestors, Humphrey Montgomery, born about 1750; served with
      his father in Capt. John Campbell's militia; shortly after this tour of duty
      he visited relatives on the Calf-pasture, the Gays and Ramseys; and then
      became a member of Capt. Samuel Lapsley's militia company in Col. Nathaniel
      Gist's Virginia Regiment.
      Could anyone please direct me to references where I could read more
      about Capt. John Campbell's militia or about Capt. Samuel Lapsley's militia
      company, or about Col. Nathaniel Gist's Virginia Regiment. Any leads would be
      appreciated greatly!

      Cheers,
      John

      John M. Johnston
      42d Grenr. Compy.
      "There is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness." Dave Barry.