Chuck McGatha died

  • Thomas Hallada
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 2004
      Hi: Received word tonight that Chuck McGatha, the founder of Mott’s Artillery, died this evening while dining with friends in Virginia. Will send further details when I get them.

      Tom Hallada

      Mott’s Artillery

    • seconddragoon
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 28, 2004
        --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Hallada" <tchallada@w...>
        wrote:
        > Hi: Received word tonight that Chuck McGatha, the founder of
        Mott's Artillery, died this evening while dining with friends in
        Virginia. Will send further details when I get them.

        > Tom Hallada
        >
        > Mott's Artillery

        Very sorry to hear of the passing of Chuck. I'll always remember him
        at events as the guy with the biggest smile. He was always a fun
        person to be around and I'll remember him as one of the first guys I
        met back in the 80's when I started doing events outside of New
        England. We'll all miss him.

        Bob Allegretto
        2d Dragoons
      • W. Chris Ward
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004
          All,

          Although I was not close with Chuck, I knew him, and his passing is a great
          loss.

          His generosity and warmth made the reenacting world a better place.

          I was looking forward to seeing him at the upcoming Charlottesville event.

          My thoughts and sympathies to his family and friends.

          -W. Chris Ward
          4th Bttn, Royal Regiment of Artillery

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004
            wrote:
            > Hi: Received word tonight that Chuck McGatha, the founder of Mott's
            Artillery, died this evening while dining with friends in Virginia.
            Will send further details when I get them.

            > Tom Hallada
            >
            > Mott's Artillery

            Very saddened to hear of Chuck's passing. He was a mainstay in the
            hobby and always had a smile and friendly face for all who knew him.
            The artillery has lost one of its pillars.

            Gary Corrado
            QR
          • Billy
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004
              wrote:
              > Hi: Received word tonight that Chuck McGatha, the founder of Mott's
              Artillery, died this evening while dining with friends in Virginia.
              Will send further details when I get them.

              > Tom Hallada
              >
              > Mott's Artillery

              I was greatly sadden to hear of Chuck's passing. His big smile was a
              welcome at events long ago. If you wanted to know anything about
              artillery, you went to Chuck. He was very kind to us in Coren's Ind.
              Artillery & was very helpful when we started out 10 years ago. I will
              miss him & say a prayer. St. Barbara now has a another Gunner with
              her.

              Cheers,
              Billy (Bearskull) Myers
              Coren's Ind. Artillery
              WWW.CORENS.ORG
              4th Cont. Artillery
            • Richard Patterson
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 29, 2004
                Tom,
                I'm very sad to hear the news. Chuck was always a good friend to both
                me and to the Old Barracks. A wonderful spirit and a gentleman of whom I'll
                always have the fondest of memories. Please keep me informed of any
                arrangements or if there's anything I can do. I'll be out of the office
                until Tues. afternoon or Wednesday, but you can try me at home if necessary
                at (845)783-8398 if there's anything I can help with.

                With sadness,
                Rich Patterson