Sutton AAR

  • dismounteddragoon
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2004
      Friends,

      I can only write about Saturday, as I was unable to attend Sunday, so maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

      An Awesome day and an Awesome event!!!! This was a joint CL/BB event.

      The weather was beautiful and sunny and other then the muddy company street in the Aamerican Camp, things were great. 900+ in attendance and it seemed the entire BB showed up. The battlefield was incredible with different hills and valleys and muddy roads and thickets in which to engage the enemy, and engage we did, although the scenario called for us(the Americans) to lose we fought tooth and nail to the end. And for the first time in recent memory the Mounted dragoons were evenly matched 4 vs. 4. The scenarios were well done and the camp logistics were splendid. After hours we were treated to a fine time at the Liberty Tavern and our Host was Keith Downer.

      My hat is off to the organizers of this event Bob Allegretto of the 2nd Light Dragoons, Chris Woolf of the 4th Foot, Kieth Downer, Bryon Bausk and the countless others that made this a great season kick-off and a great bunch of memories.

      Cheers,
      Sean "The Onion Pie Guy"

      Pvt. 2nd Continental Light Dragoons
      Tallmadges Troop

      P.S If anyone has pics, please post them in a folder here