Re: [Revlist] temporary farewell to one of our own...

  • James B Aurand
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30 10:35 PM
      Where ever Neil is going I wish him the best of luck and good fortune.
      And that he not need, mosquito netting, Artic parkas, or body armour.
      Just some (mild) suntan lotion and a good corkscrew and a bottle opener.

      J. Bruce Aurand

      On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:53:12 -0500 "Kate Johnson" <graphicart@...>
      writes:
      > Good evening, all--
      >
      > I'm very proud of our youngest and newest board member, Neil Skorka,
      > who is
      > heading off for a year in service to his country. Please join me in
      > wishing
      > him well--keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He assures the
      > board he's
      > not going to Iraq or Afghanistan, but whenever a person chooses to
      > go where
      > they're needed, they have my thanks and respect.
      >
      > I'm holding his place on the board--we've learned his input on
      > running this
      > list is invaluable. He's wise beyond his years, mature, and a
      > breath of
      > fresh air. He's also funny as the dickens, and sometimes that's
      > what we
      > need most.
      >
      > Neil, all our best to you!
      >
      > Regards,
      > Kate Johnson
      > Revlist owner
      > Graphics/Fine Arts
      > http://www.cathyjohnson.info/
      > http://www.epsi.net/graphic/

      > with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • John Welsh
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2004
        God bless, Neil. Keep in touch.
        > I'm very proud of our youngest and newest board member, Neil Skorka, who
        is
        > heading off for a year in service to his country. Please join me in
        wishing
        > him well--keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He assures the board
        he's
        > not going to Iraq or Afghanistan, but whenever a person chooses to go
        where
        > they're needed, they have my thanks and respect.
        >
        > I'm holding his place on the board--we've learned his input on running
        this
        > list is invaluable. He's wise beyond his years, mature, and a breath of
        > fresh air. He's also funny as the dickens, and sometimes that's what we
        > need most.
        >
        > Neil, all our best to you!
        >
        > Regards,
        > Kate Johnson
        > Revlist owner
        > Graphics/Fine Arts
        > http://www.cathyjohnson.info/
        > http://www.epsi.net/graphic/
        >

        > Visit the RevList Homepage, which includes a list of sutlers, RevList
        member photos, FAQ, etc., at

        > http://www.liming.org/revlist/

        > Revlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        > with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • W. Chris Ward
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2004
          Hear hear!

          Best wishes and safe journeys!

          -Chris
[...]

          TO UNSUBSCRIBE: please send a message to
          Revlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

        • Thomas Jena
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2004
            Neil and all who are or will follow your path,
            From one who cannot........... THANK YOU for your service, be safe whereever your journey's may take you an stay in touch ! Know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
            Tom Jena
            aka Thos. Kerlin
            Surgeon's Mate
            Culpeper Min. Batt.

            Kate Johnson <graphicart@...> wrote:
[...]

          • Walt Henderson
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2004
              To Neil Skorka . . .

              Have a safe tour of duty . . . may God watch over you and protect you.
              Thanks for your service to our country!

              Walt & Mary Henderson

              HENDERSON & VINCI
              Historical Cabinetmakers & Joyners
              205 Birch Street, N.E.
              Leesburg, Virginia 20176-4521
              (703)777-3923 fax (703)777-9507
              email: hend_vinci@...

              Cabinet & Traveling Goods
              Member EAIA-MESDA-MWTCA-PATINA
            • Hugh T. Harrington
              Message 6 of 8 , May 1, 2004
                Neil -
                You carry the wishes of countless people you don't know along with
                you. Take care of yourself, get the job done, and come on home. Americans
                will be proud to shake you by the hand.

                Good luck.

                Hugh Harrington
              • robert a selig