Rocket launchers

  • Patrick J OKelley
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004
      Howdy,

      >Shoulder fired Congreves no
      >doubt, just like your wall gun.
      >Remind the guy with the shoulder to close
      >his eyes.

      Actually there is a rocket launcher out there (and its called a
      rocket launcher). I have a copy of the "Canadian Journal of Arms
      Collecting" from a long time ago (I doubt if its even in print anymore).
      There is an article about blunderbusses and such. There is a picture of
      a rocket launcher. It looks like a wall gun, but it has a copper barrel.
      You put the rocket in it, pull the trigger, and the flintlock ignites it
      somehow (maybe a booster charge of powder of some sort). It dates from
      the 1770s.
      Neat, eh?

      Patrick O'Kelley
      http://www.2nc.org/
      Author of "Nothing but Blood and Slaughter" The Revolutionary War in the
      Carolinas, Volume One, 1771-1779
      Available at http://www.booklocker.com/books/1469.html

      "I've got a rocket in my pocket and I'm ready to roll"
      - Chuck Barry