Which coloer was it

  • ken landry
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2004
      Hi all I have been reading about the Reg. coat and I have found that
      in the order of 1779 the color facing for the New England States were
      White. How ever that in Massachusetts (is that not part of the "New
      England states") was Red.. which one was it. the other question is I
      have heard about a "Lottery coat" would some one explan this to me..
      I Know that you all think that this is basic but I am new at this so
      any help would be great.....

      last anyone in the 7 VA if you could tell me what I would need to do
      to join that would be great..

      God Bless Ken Blackwolf Landry
    • Robert j Friar
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2004
        Ken,
        As you will see in my off list email to you, I gave instructions on how
        to join the 7th Va.
        As for the Reg. coat, it is my understanding that the facings colors
        depended on the region the regiment was from, such as Virginia had read
        facings, New England was white, etc..
        rob Friar
        Isle of Wight militia and 7th Va.