Re: Belted Plaid Question

  • Joseph Ruckman
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2, 2004
      > Your trip to Scotland sounds wonderful, did you hit the military
      > museum in Edinburgh Castle whilst you were there?

      Been there before but not this trip. Spent most of my spare time
      (it was a business trip, after all) around Stirling. Went to
      Stirlig Castle, which is undergoing some excellent restoration &
      preservation; climbed the Wallace Memorial and got a couple of bad
      pix of The Sword; got some serious vertigo when I finally reached
      the top but did get some pretty good sunset pix of the bend in the
      river where the battle took place. Did NOT take a picture of the
      statue of Mel Gibson as Wallace that somebody carved and donated -
      it was pretty bad. He's holding a targe that has "BRAVEHEART"
      written on it and he's got his mouth open, presumably
      yelling "Freedom!" but it looks more like he's beeing goosed.

      > And by the way, feile-breacan schmeile-breacan, welcome to Cross-
      > Dressers Anonymous!! Admission is the first step on the road to
      > recovery.

      Cross-dressers indeed! Call it plaid, kilt, or feile-whatever,
      there is no more manly garb.

      Joseph