Re: [Revlist] barrel making books

  • Todd Post
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
      Try "The Cooper and His Trade" by Kenneth Kilby (ISBN: 0941936163)

      Todd Post

    • Sgt42RHR@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
        Also, I suggest that you try Astragal Press, to wit:

        The Astragal Press
        American Cooperage Machinery & Tools $26
        The Cooper and His Trade $21.95

        Cheers,
        John

        > Try "The Cooper and His Trade" by Kenneth Kilby (ISBN: 0941936163)
        >
        > Todd Post
        >
        > On Jan 1, 2004, at 10:42 PM, bilgerat1073 wrote:
        >
        > > hello folks,i'm looking for a book on barrel making /cooper trade,i
        > > have tools that were left to me by my grandfather for making
        > > kegs,barrels etc.but i have no idea where to start on making barrels
        > > it's just an expiriment for me.and i was thinking that a
        > > good 'basics' of barrel making would get me started anyone have a
        > > suggestion for a book or books? thanks for any help

        John Johnston
        42d. Grenr. Compy.
        "There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness." Dave Barry
      • John White
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2004
          I also suggest you search on the used book market. Using abebooks.com, I
          found two copies of a 1947 publication entitled "The Cooperage
          Handbook". Both were a bit pricey, but should be ideal for a beginning
          cooper.
          --
          John White
          Avalon Forge