Re: [Revlist] New Books

  • Sgt42RHR@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2004
      I have a copy of this book, it's excellent. Stunning photos, lots of detail,
      great information on life in the field. However, most of it post-dates our
      period. The sale price listed here is about half of the original cost, as I
      recall.

      Cheers,
      John

      > 1pp3X. _British Campaign Furniture; Elegance Under Canvas, 1740 - 1914_,
      by
      > Jero Nicholas & Phillips Brawer
      >
      > "More than 250 pphotographs depict the folding chairs, desks, and cots
      used
      > by the British gentlemen soldiers stationed around the world which conveyed
      > their social status and were manufactured by Chipppendale, Sheraton,
      > Hepplewhite, and othrs. Includes a comprehensive directory of makers."
      2001:
      > 232 pages, 8 3/4" x 11 1/2"
      > (Abrams)
      > Sale Price: $24.95

      John Johnston
      42d. Grenr. Compy.
      "There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness." Dave Barry