Re: [Revlist] Re: Belted Plaid Question

  • Sgt42RHR@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2004
      Joseph,
      Your trip to Scotland sounds wonderful, did you hit the military museum
      in Edinburgh Castle whilst you were there?

      And by the way, feile-breacan schmeile-breacan, welcome to Cross-Dressers
      Anonymous!! Admission is the first step on the road to recovery.

      Cheers,
      John (A recovering Feile-breacan wearer)

      > But I don't! I wear the feile-breacan (belted plaid for the
      > sassenachs on the list). I have some more of the same fabric from
      > which I may make a feile-beag (short plaid), but I haven't done so
      > yet.

      John Johnston
      42d. Grenr. Compy.
      "There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness." Dave Barry
    • Joseph Ruckman
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 2, 2004
        > Your trip to Scotland sounds wonderful, did you hit the military
        > museum in Edinburgh Castle whilst you were there?

        Been there before but not this trip. Spent most of my spare time
        (it was a business trip, after all) around Stirling. Went to
        Stirlig Castle, which is undergoing some excellent restoration &
        preservation; climbed the Wallace Memorial and got a couple of bad
        pix of The Sword; got some serious vertigo when I finally reached
        the top but did get some pretty good sunset pix of the bend in the
        river where the battle took place. Did NOT take a picture of the
        statue of Mel Gibson as Wallace that somebody carved and donated -
        it was pretty bad. He's holding a targe that has "BRAVEHEART"
        written on it and he's got his mouth open, presumably
        yelling "Freedom!" but it looks more like he's beeing goosed.

        > And by the way, feile-breacan schmeile-breacan, welcome to Cross-
        > Dressers Anonymous!! Admission is the first step on the road to
        > recovery.

        Cross-dressers indeed! Call it plaid, kilt, or feile-whatever,
        there is no more manly garb.

        Joseph