Williamsburg update

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3, 2003
      They had their company meeting and the highlights are; approximately
      90 people will be laid off from the historical area. The trade shops
      will be opened and closed on a rotating basis throughout the winter
      months. In otherwords, if you go visit the site on a given day the
      trade shop you maybe interested in may not be opened that day.

      Good news apparently the national attention has finally arrived, CBS
      and NBC national desks have picked this up so at least the word is
      out there or will be....

      Steve
      2nd Korps Hesse-Kassel jaegers
      7th VA
    • davisr1@lee.army.mil
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
        This was on the Richmond (VA) local news last night. I got interrupted
        during the commentary and didn't get to hear all of it. But, I do believe
        that in the same "commentary breath" there was also mention of a
        "concurrent" move to build some sort of "multi-million" dollar,
        tourist-attraction-addition to CW. (I guess this will be paid out of "wages
        saved") Sorry, I was distracted in my good ear, and was trying to listen
        to the news with my deaf ear.

        Bob D.

        They had their company meeting and the highlights are; approximately
        90 people will be laid off from the historical area. The trade shops
        will be opened and closed on a rotating basis throughout the winter
        months. In otherwords, if you go visit the site on a given day the
        trade shop you maybe interested in may not be opened that day.

        Good news apparently the national attention has finally arrived, CBS
        and NBC national desks have picked this up so at least the word is
        out there or will be....

        Steve
        2nd Korps Hesse-Kassel jaegers
        7th VA

        Visit the RevList Homepage, which includes a list of sutlers, RevList member
        photos, FAQ, etc., at

        http://www.liming.org/revlist/

        TO UNSUBSCRIBE: please send a message to
        Revlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

      • Marjorie Crain
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
          Does anyone know if the Christmas Illumination at Williamsburg is on for first weekend of December this year? Marjorie Crain

        • flintriflesmith
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
            --- In Revlist@yahoogroups.com, Marjorie Crain <mpcrain2003@y...>
            wrote:
            > Does anyone know if the Christmas Illumination at Williamsburg is
            on for first weekend of December this year? Marjorie Crain

            Yes. It will be Sunday December 7th. FYI the Grand Illumination
            (fireworks and live entertainment to kick off the holiday season) is
            always 10 days after Thanksgiving and, therefore, never on
            Thanksgiving weekend. Grand Illumination is the Sunday of the first
            weekend entirely in December and falls between December 2 and
            December 8 inclusive.
          • Joe Davis
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2003
              Why not go directly to WMbg Foundation?
              Does anyone know if the Christmas Illumination at Williamsburg is on for first weekend of December this year? Marjorie Crain

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Visit the RevList Homepage, which includes a list of sutlers, RevList member photos, FAQ, etc., at

              http://www.liming.org/revlist/

              TO UNSUBSCRIBE: please send a message to
              Revlist-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

            • Andrea Wirth
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 10, 2003
                Just FYI, in case anyone's in the neighborhood, the Middlesex County
                Volunteers Fifes and Drums are going to be performing during Grand
                Illumination in Williamsburg. Come say hello!

                Torchlight parade Saturday, Dec. 6 7:00 pm, Duke of Gloucester St.
                Grand Illumination performance Sunday 5:30 pm-ish, hopefully at the
                Gaol stage.
                Our very first Christmas Concert, Monday, Dec. 8, Kimball Theater
                8:00 pm.

                As always, schedule is on-line at http://www.mcvfifesanddrums.org/

                Cheers,
                -Andrea Wirth, drummer