Re: [Revlist] Re: Too Young To Drum

  • TW Moran
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
      Ok I'm going to sound stupid for this one. But no one may take teh field
      until they have trained and passed inspection. Thats the rule.
      Perhaps we need a music rule saying if you have not trained you don't
      take the field no mater what age you are.

      Tw
    • Abe Fisher
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2003
        Ron--

        I was willing to keep an adult (indeed, a geriatric adult) out of my
        musket line on Sunday because he had only a 6 ounce water bottle. I
        was also willing, I admit, to hand him one of my spare bottles of
        water, but that's because I'm a nice guy and I realized that I wasn't
        going to go short. The basic rule, never mind age, skill, or
        functional equipment, MUST be that if you don't have the bare
        necessities of going on the field safely (I would argue a minimum of
        16 oz of water, for example), you don't field. Period.

        Abe

        --
        Abe Fisher
        85eme Reg't de Saintonge