Punishment in the field

  • Webb, Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2003
      Et All,
      I appriciate the info Collected so far and thank you for it. I was just wandering about what types of punishment a Sgt. would use in the field in controling the troops. For exsample could he beat a man? Send him on the nasty details? Make him run the gauntlet of the men of the regiment? While I know how Modern Sgt's deal with this type of behaveor, I have not herd that having Privets drop and give me 20 was a genneral for of punishment in our time. Further, being that a Sgt was judged and keep his rank on how well he controled the men and how they performed. I would assume (there's that word again) he would have some leway and was to retain control.
      Martin
      42RHR