Working with artillery

  • Walter M. McIntyre
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2003
      Liz,

      Please contact me offlist.

      Thanks,
      Walter McIntyre
      wmm@...
      Col. Locke's Militia Co./Kingsbury's NC Artillery Co.
      www.angelfire.com/nc/Lockes

      Much of our time is employed in raising men, making Cannon, muskets, and
      merely finding out ways and means of supplying
      our troops with Cloathes, provisions, and ammunition. We appear to have
      everything we want. We resolve to raise regiments.
      resolve to make Cannon, resolve to make and import muskets, powder and
      cloathing, but it is a melancholly fact that near half
      of our men, Cannon, muskets, powder, cloathes, etc., is to be found nowhere
      but on paper.

      Joseph Hewes, 17 May, 1776