Spectacles

  • Jonathan Robinson
    Message 1 of 37 , May 19, 1999
      I have been lookin for good reproduction glasses and not townsends either i
      have been recently told about a fellow from smoke and fire who makes glasses
      but i know nothign about the ones he makes, i was reffered to a company
      called rendezvision in ohio but can't seem to find any one who knows about
      them. can anyone one help me find good repro 18th century glasses!
      Sincerly
      Jonathan Robinson

    • C. A. Williams
      Message 37 of 37 , Sep 5, 2012
        I used to work at an Hour Eyes in Northern VA. If your frames are in good shape they will order replacement lenses. Be sure to ask for a discount (they can offer a 20% discount or if you really charm them friends & family is 50%).

        Regarding bifocals- with a line needs less space/lenses. A no-line bifocal requires a larger lenses. There is a lenses called a "small fit" that gives a person more viewing area in a bifocal. The smaller the lenses area the less space for "intermediate" sight there is. The lab tech at the Baileys Cross Roads- Hour Eyes (Yosief) is amazing. The rest of the staff leaves much to be desired but you can get your RX filled for a reasonable cost. Note- they will try to sell you the EV lenses (it is very clear but not much more clear or noticeably more clear than the poly lenses). The uber cheap lenses (CR39) is NOT shatter proof, thick and scratches easily. Thick coke bottle lenses from years ago... I hope this helps.

        On a side note- there are transition lenses too... are available in single vision as well as bi-focal lenses (with line or no-line). Brown tends to be more "muddied, grey is more sharp with regard to your vision. Transitions, transition much more quickly than they use to when they first hit the market.

        Buying glasses is a lot more complicated than I first thought... I hope this helps someone with their purchase.