Re: [Revlist]cartridges per lb ?

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2002
      At 12:20 PM 4/1/02 +0000, you wrote:
      >> At the risk of sounding ignorant,how many 100 grain cartridges
      >> should I expect from one lb of FF powder?
      >
      >There are 7000 grains in a pound, so you should get 70 cartridges.
      >
      >And to think I used to hate word problems in math... <G>
      >
      >Regards,
      >
      >Joseph Ruckman

      With one caveat... Don't take one can to be one pound, no matter what it
      says on the label. After years of doing powder inventories for a site, we
      have concluded the user is regularly being shorted. While it my well be
      that the manufacturers are counting the weight of the can in the total,
      they are supposed to say it 'up-front', and don't.

      Eric B.