lost wig

  • manyflags@adelphia.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
      At White Plains on Sunday, a dark brown, almost black, clubbed wig
      was lost by Private Charlie Sutherland, 42nd RHR, Grenadier
      Company. ACTUALLY, it was my wig, on loan to Pvt. Sutherland.
      Sutherland believes he put it in his tent after the Sunday battle
      and when we tore down......ARGGHHH, it was missing!! We were housed
      in the Highland street where the 23rd formed up. Anyone
      with any information, please conact me. A gill of Scotch is in it
      for you!!

      God Save the King!!

      Sgt. Malcolm A. MacWilliam, 42nd RHR, Grenadier Compaany
    • edkennedy18thc@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
        manyflags@... wrote:

        >At White Plains on Sunday, a dark brown, almost black, clubbed wig
        >was lost by Private Charlie Sutherland, 42nd RHR, Grenadier
        >Company. ACTUALLY, it was my wig, on loan to Pvt. Sutherland.
        >Sutherland believes he put it in his tent after the Sunday battle
        >and when we tore down......ARGGHHH, it was missing!! We were housed
        >in the Highland street where the 23rd formed up. Anyone
        >with any information, please conact me. A gill of Scotch is in it
        >for you!!

        If the quality of the scotch is of the highest order I might be willing to steal one for you. Does someone in your unit have one that you covet?
        --
        Ed Kennedy, editor
        18th Century Life

      • manyflags@adelphia.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
          Naye, Ed Kennedy....I covet no man's hair in my unit, for you see, we
          Scots wear the color of our own true hair, mine being yellow
          as tow, the color of the Highlanders of the far North of Scotia, clan
          Gunn, me ancestors being of the Norse and Celt extraction. Naye,
          friend Ed, I only want me dark wig back, or Sutherland will have
          stripes of red on his braw Scots back.....for Drummer Armstrong
          will make the CAT speak!! GSTK! Sgt. MacWm., 42nd RHR, GrenCoy
        • reenac1775@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2001
            From: Katie Caddell <scarlett@c...>
            Date: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:33 am
            Subject: Found in Crown Camp @ Whiteplains

            On Friday evening I found a black hairpiece in the Crown Camp. If
            anyone is missing one, please contact me offlist.
            YHS,
            Katie Caddell

            --
            Katie Caddell, distaff